Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric pepper mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric pepper mill

I'm in the market for a one handed electric pepper mill.
    I have and OXO manual mill, and it works great. The problem comes in when I'm seasoning directly on to a piece of meat. My OCD won't let me touch the mill, or any other spice bottle with "meat hands". This is not an issue with shaker bottles, but becomes a PIA when I have to wash my hands every time I flip the meat around then need two hand to grind pepper. Anyone have one they have gotten good mileage out of?

Only had about a year and a half, but these have worked well:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picked them for same reasons you describe.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	781DDE38-12ED-472D-A559-EAB6A21B3125.png Views:	17 Size:	217.5 KB ID:	1070204glitchy Good call. I just bought that exact same set back in May. I brought them to Rockdale with me and a few people tried em out and loved it. They didn’t have any battery powered grinders and I think I made a few converts out of them. I can vouch for this set willxfmr They’re also attractive and have a nice stand.

Let me add something willxfmr If you get a set of two, I use one of them all the time for grinding coarse salt over my food, such as Himalayan pink salt or sea or kosher salt. You will find out, once you get these, you’ll use them a lot more often than you think. I use mine in the kitchen and at the dinner table.
      Last edited by Panhead John; August 1, 2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Pepper Millwright, "Batteries not included".
        I understand I have CDO myself--alphabetically speaking

Comment

I got this one... just threw it away, it finally broke.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon tells me my purchase date was Nov 15th, 2017. So it lasted a while, really.

<edit> I'll add, it had a light, too, which was handier than I expected it to be.
          Last edited by DogFaced PonySoldier; August 1, 2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I’ve had several S & P grinders over the years and the little light is a neat little extra.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            I just realized mine is still here and going strong. I know it jammed up or something a couple weeks ago and I THOUGHT about tossing it. Looks like I didn't. So... 4 years and still going. Well, nearly 4 years...

Originally posted by DogFaced PonySoldier View Post
          I got this one... just threw it away, it finally broke.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon tells me my purchase date was Nov 15th, 2017. So it lasted a while, really.

<edit> I'll add, it had a light, too, which was handier than I expected it to be.

Funny I was looking for some suggestions on this again - as I think mine finally gave up the ghost for good last night.

I'm not a heavy pepper grinder by any means, but my Amazon purchase history says I bought this on Nov. 15th, 2017. 5y isn't too bad. But I think I want to try something different. I may go with the S&P stainless set above. Just a little fancier to have a nice matching set. The one I had is sold under 50 different brands on Amazon, and it worked fine for quite some time, I'll admit. It doesn't do the most consistent grinds, but I'm not paying $150 or more for a Pepper Cannon, so... oh well.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            Aaaaaand I just got my 5 year old one working again. LOL. Well, now I've got a new set of stainless ones on the way - I guess those can be for 'table service' since they're a little nicer looking. This one will continue to be my workhorse for cooking/smoking/BBQ use. Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised it's lasted this long.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I love those things, they grind fast enough me.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here