Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parchment Paper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parchment Paper Question

I hope this is in the right spot….

I am doing my very first beef ribs! Y’all have put up such wonderful picture, I got inspired.

Can I wrap in parchment paper for the resting portion of our program? I don’t have the proper butcher paper. But I do have heavy duty foil.

Never tried it. It's supposed to be rather heat tolerant. I always use foil.

Comment

I have not tried it but some quick research suggests parchment paper should do great for resting meat. Good idea and no need to use foil too.

Comment

This is the restaurant quality parchment, not the tiny housewife roll you find in the grocery stores. One piece will do the trick as they are the size of full commercial sheet pans. Thanks!

Comment

Some parchment paper has additives, so make sure yours's doesn't. It's been so long since I read that that I don't remember what the additives are, or where I read it...

Did a bit of research, and the additive is food safe silicon, so have at it...

Comment

Which cut of beef ribs?
            To answer your question yes you may wrap it in Parchment paper.
            I have not, so give it a try and let us know.
            Happy Grilling to you and PBR too.
            Last edited by bbqLuv; July 18, 2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I don't know if you can or not, but you may.
              Last edited by bbqLuv; July 19, 2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I have used it when making pastrami. It can brown a bit but holds up fine.

Comment

Parchment is fine. We use it all the time to cook fish and veggies in packets. So if your just using it to rest the meat in it will be fine IMO.

Comment

Parchment should hold up jus fine, Sister...

Comment

• troymeister
                      troymeister commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed...I just used it on a smoked Barbacoa Chuckie....Worked great.

Thanks y’all.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      De Nada, always here fer ya...

I can’t begin to tell you of my epic fail……..

Comment

• Kevin Fuess
                      Kevin Fuess commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And pictures.

• ofelles
                      ofelles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This doesn't sound good.................but then again it sounds good!

• SheilaAnn
                      SheilaAnn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I may have jumped the gun a bit on the “fail”. I am my own worst critic. Please refer to SUWYC. BF insisted I did ok, or else I would have put it in SUWYC So We Can Make Fun of It!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
                  Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.
                  Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
                  Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado.

Click here for our article on this exciting cooker

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order