Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Not Buy This Grill Brush!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to this mini canoe paddle piece junk because of the metal sliver thing.
    Wast of money, it does clean the grills
    but it’s triple the work of a wire brush.
    Someone mentioned tin foil earlier....my preferred method now. Kinda hard on the knuckle hair but the grills are clean
    Attached Files

Comment

Two likes for the audio on that video. I bet everyone has been there, said that!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        My first choice of words was not …sh!t…Knowing I was gonna post it, and not wanting to get banned, I decided against MF. 😂

Originally posted by Steve R. View Post
      Ditch all of those brushes and get a Chargon tool. Boom! Problem solved.
      I was just about to post this! Been using mine for several years and aside from working grate (pun) I love the peace of mind knowing no one I feed will end up with a bristle issue

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like the durability and that I can easily clean even the sides and bottom of each bar of the grate without flipping it over

I do not own this, but I do think it looks like a good brush - https://store.grillagrills.com/products/grill-brush

Comment

I tried a palmyra brush, and the instructions were specifically not to use it over live fire or on very hot grates.

Always read the directions.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          There were no directions or special instructions. Just a price tag. For an everyday, normal looking grill brush, who would have thought that anyway. Not many I’m assuming.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s on the manufacturer or the marketer.

So let me get this straight, brushing could cause a spontaneous fire in my mouth? Yikes.....

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, especially after spicy food!!!!

Maybe combustible bristles are their way of ensuring you don't have any end up in your food?

I'll steer clear. I've not bought a grill brush in many years. Between a coiled wire one that lasts and lasts, and a virtually indestructible stainless welding brush, scotch brite pads and brillo pads, I seem to get them clean enough.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here