Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A beast of an accessory by Cuisinart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beast of an accessory by Cuisinart.

A beast of an accessory by Cuisinart, yes it is. I was pressed into an emergency cooking situation over the weekend. My sister was starting to make shish ka bob on skewers for an unknown sorta quantity of people. Guessing 20 to 40, it ended up, if not 40 darn close to. Plus ther were other circumstances that were unfolding. She had chunked up 15 to 20 lbs of beef & y-bird & 5 gallon bags of onion, red & green peppers. I thought whoa nelly we need a different plan. So I thought at worst alumininimum pans with holes poked thru. Went to Wally World for a last ditch shot at finding something & lo and behold they had these Cuisinart "things", don’t know what they call em, I’ll refer to em as a roasting wok. They worked & are marvelous. I choke a little at the price at 20$ a throw but I also thought just what I was lookin fer. Wow, did they perform. I cooked on a filthy Char Griller gas combo charcoal "thing". I was on the substandard gas part & the "owner"was on the charcoal part cookin 16 hamburgers, 4 then 8 then 4, whilst I was cookin everything else for at least 2 hours. Back to these "woks", they are thick stainless steel that are NOT flimsy. They weigh a tad over 2lbs. I have 2 or 3 like constructed things like this, but this will take any kind of punishment fer cookin the "little things" like chunks of meat or veggies. Great product that will last you a life time. It measures at the lip 11 1/4” & the inside square at 8 1/2”. Click image for larger version

Name:	7E197DB1-F5B8-4D2D-A976-4BC7E38CF55F.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1056560

Grill baskets are indespensible.

Comment

I have a different brand, but it's very similar and is great for stir frying over charcoal.

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I picked up something like this at either Home Depot or Lowe's a few years back, and it serves its purposes well. Don't recall the brand.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, I have two, one a Weber, different kinds, but nothing built like this mamoo.

Wasn't there a similar gizmo on here the past week or so that some of the folks bought at Costco and raved about too?

Comment

These are really handy for those veggies.

Comment

I use them to smoke meatloaf.

Comment

I've known them to be called Grill Toppers. I have the Weber version, it's more rectangle than square, but either way a very helpful tool.

Comment

FireMan just to make sure I understand - you used these to grill all the chunks of meat and veggies versus putting them on skewers? That's a pretty sound plan for doing that much!

My son in law has that same dual fuel piece of crap Chargriller which he unfortunately bought the year before he married my daughter and knew me well enough to ask my advice. I cooked on it once over there, and even when it was just a year or two old it was a rusty mess. Fortunately I had given him a surface set of Grillgrate panels for Christmas and was able to top the rusted up grates with those. He plans to replace it soon with a Weber kettle and a Camp Chef 16" stove system, so that he can use a griddle or pots and pans on it.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              jf , I was looking at the amount as in volume, cooking times being different for meat vs veggies & all those little bloody wooden skewers. They look nice but we needed to get the job done. While I was cookin my "associate" handed me two packs of hot dogs. It was an interesting event.

The Cuisinart that I have is a grill brush with a hollow handle for water. It steams/deglazes the grill grates fast and clean.

I don't have a grill basket and may have to get one of those. If it is not one thing it is another item to buy.

Comment

I have this All-Clad set plus a few cheapies kicking around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	all-clad-stainless-steel-outdoor-cookware-set-o.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1056761

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Those look like some well built items!

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                They are solid. Your Cuisinart looks solid too. On the other hand I've had good experiences with the cheap ones I've bought at Grocery Outlet.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here