Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal wok burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcoal wok burner

Does anyone know where you can get a charcoal stove like the one shown in the attached photo or video at link? I have seen them referred to as Thai stoves or Tao stoves too, but none seem to have the big feet. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Attached Files

No, but I'm in to find out.

Comment

Oh FireMan - I think the ball is in your court...

Comment

I found this:
        Found in most Thai homes, the "Tao" is a small and convenient way to cook outdoors, and it doesn't make much mess.

Comment

Based on ofelles post, I did a search for "Street Vendor Wok" and found this painting. So, now I need to go and explain to my wife why I want to spend another $700 after just spending $1,500 during Prime Days.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, but you can get a 5% off if ya sign up fer a news letter.
            BTW, some outstanding pieces listed there.

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL (Lots O' Luck)

• prepperjack
            prepperjack commented
            Editing a comment
            FireMan Bad news, I did not get approval to buy the painting. Good news, though, I already figured out her Christmas present.

Go to the wokshop.com. The Wok Shop is a small private business run by an 83 yr. old sweetheart of a lady, Tane Chan. They have those "ovens" , listed at 49.95. I & a few mwmnbers have shopped there. I have been going to her on line for years & have bought two of those ovens (a friend dropped my first one). They are clay & work wonderfully. Meathead has been to the store & gave it high marks.
          BTW department, in late April her store was broken into, the window & front door smashed & inside was "vandalized". It was one of those anti Chinese things although it wasn’t mentioned as such. She has 4 or 5 employees & has continued on line biz thru the Vid.
          Someone set up a go-fund for her & true to her endearing qualities she uses the fund to provide security cameras for the businesses in her neighborhood, China Town.
          The Viet Nam oven as it is called is there. Have fun with it, a great tool.
          Last edited by FireMan; June 22, 2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I forgot about the Wok Shop. Great shop

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got a couple of these years ago from the wok shop as well. I’d call them to make sure they have them in stock.

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            The first wok I ever owned was a gift from a friend who got it at The Wok Shop in San Francisco. This was back in the late seventies when I was at Letterman Army Medical Center. Thanks for the memory Fireman.

That chef is good.

Comment

By some of what he speaks, it sounds like he is in Minnesota. Just to be a part of that feast!

Comment

The way FireMan whipped up some simple scrambled eggs (2 dozen in 1 skillet to be precise) in front of me, I would definitely trust anything he says about any sort of skillet or wok. I only wish I had recruited him to fry the fish that night. Might've just eaten a little better still.

Comment

I guess for my wallet it is good that the Wok Shop is out of those charcoal stove/oven pots at the moment - otherwise I may have ordered something else I don't need!

Comment

These are awesome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here