Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kanka Rotisserie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanka Rotisserie?

This is an intriguing idea: a Brazilian style rotisserie that can run on AC or AA batteries that can be adapted to any size pit or grill. Does anyone have any experience with KANKA Grills?
    https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/D...0&ref_=ast_bln

They contacted us and we agreed to test and review, but haven't heard back. I saw this at a show a few years ago and it looked good.

Comment

That looks fun.

Comment

Might be wrong, but the weight of the meat on the pic on their site makes me wonder how many sets of batteries I would need to go through to smoke a few chickens....interesting though.

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          It appears to be out of stock but it also appears to be just a standard solar battery pack. You'd just need to figure out the cable they use.

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          It appears to be out of stock but it also appears to be just a standard solar battery pack. You'd just need to figure out the cable they use.

EDIT: this was a PEBKAC error. While I was on the US Amazon site, I still had my Canadian address as the ship to, changing it to one of my US addresses worked and it is in stock for $39 USD.
          Last edited by pkadare; June 4, 2021, 11:42 AM.

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Last one :-) According to their rep, you can expect around 15 hours of use with the AA batteries, which is pretty darn good!

If anyone is considering this, I can attest to the fact that they are very responsive, at least on Facebook. I obviously posed several questions to them today and they answered all of them very promptly. Quite impressed especially considering I told them up front that I'm not currently a customer.

Comment

• Diabolique
          Diabolique commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all for your comments, and to you pkadare for the information about their FB page and customer service!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here