Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love wire racks. I hate cleaning wire racks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichieB
    replied
    Have the dog clean them.

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    I don’t remember the exact ones but I bought some stainless racks from Amazon and they’re fine in the dishwasher.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyGator
    replied
    Easy off plus plastic wrap. Place the racks on the cling wrap, douse em in the spray, then wrap em up tight. Let them sit for a few hours or even overnight.

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    replied
    If you throw it in the diahwasher the chicken bits will be cooked if not gone. Simple!

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    replied
    what Jerod said above. Heat is key. get it piping hot and stuff will slide off.

but, yeah, it's just some chicken bits. i wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater on this one.

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    commented on 's reply
    Or, get it hot and hit it with a power wagon.

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    That's an excellent idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that! That may just work!

• Alabama Smoke
    replied
    While I appreciate you dedication to cleanliness and beauty, one of the chief reasons I still have a gas grill is to heat dirty grates to about 600F, then turn it off and let it cool. Most crud will burn away and the balance can easily be scraped off with a wadded up piece of aluminum foil. No the grill will not look new, but it will be sterile!
    Last edited by Alabama Smoke; May 22, 2021, 07:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Get the rack HOT, lay on wooden pallet, hit with the power washer.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Easy Off oven cleaner works for me.

happy grilling to you.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    The garden guru might be a bit too big for these tiny squares, but I had forgotten about the Dawn PowerWash thread. Been meaning to try that.

• DeusDingo
    replied
    you're being too picky. not every nook and cranny is going to touch food in the future. do the best you're willing to put into it and move on. i use scotch bright pads, give it my best for the top that touches food and the old college 15-minute-tops-try for the rest of it.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Just soak them overnight in soapy water then fire up the pressure washer once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    This is what I use, and since your rack is no longer NS, you don't have to worry about scraping the stuff off.

https://smile.amazon.com/Garden-Guru...%2C168&sr=8-25

And this stuff is great on grease, (recommended by another member):

https://smile.amazon.com/Dawn-Platin...s%2C172&sr=8-2

If you're sure the NS is gone, you could always burn it off over direct heat.
    Last edited by RonB; May 21, 2021, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Don’t be so picky. It’s only a little chicken. 🥸

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here