Without thinking I grabbed one of my non-stick wire racks for doing some chicken legs the other night. Wow, that chicken fat has wedged itself in every nick and crevice. I've actually been scrubbing the thing daily, but when inspect it, I keep seeing little bits of dried and caked-on chicken reside. (It isn't helping that the chicken residue is dark brown and the wire rack is black.)

I am literally about to throw the silly thing away.

I've tried a scotchbrite pad and a brush, but just can't seem to get in those crevices. What actually seems to work best is using my fingernail to get in there.

I wish I could throw this thing into the dishwasher. (I still may, what do I have to lose? And you've probably concluded the same as I have that the non-stick properties have long since left this thing.)

The reason I hesitate is that I threw a supposedly stainless steel rack into the dishwasher before and upon emerging all of the joints in the rack had clear rust on them.

Any suggestions on cleaning would be appreciated.....or, perhaps even better, a source for a solid stainless steel wire rack that can stand up to a dishwasher perhaps.