Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat press

What's the best meat press for say, smash burgers? I don't know if I'd trust one with a wooden handle for longevity. Also one that has flex to it might not be the best.

Everything I have seen sez to form the GB into a ball and smash on the griddle with a spatula, (or two).

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
      Everything I have seen sez to form the GB into a ball and smash on the griddle with a spatula, (or two).
      Yes that's what I'm using now but my spatulas have slots cut in them. I'm thinking more heavy. And something I could use for other things like a steak press or cooking bacon and hash browns.

Comment

Large mortar trowel, and relatively cheap.

Comment

The M Grills ALL STAINLESS STEEL Steak and Burger Press.    2LB OR 3LB OPTIONS NOW AVAILABLE! We offer our Steak and Burger Press in 2 different weights. The 2lb is perfect for competition use where you are not wanting to put pressure on your steak, but rather just want your steak to lay flat with no curling. The 3lb p

Comment

I use the big spatula from Blackstone along with their heave duty scraper to smash it down. The scraper works well to scrape the burger off of the bottom of the spatula if it sticks.

Comment

Get those perfect grill marks!  Our steak press is made out of carbon steel with a stainless spring handle to help protect you from the heat.

smooth surface, can’t flex...

Comment

I use the bacon press. Did it last night. Also, mine has a wooden handle. Not sure if you are talking about a bacon press. It's hefty and well made. No issues. Press on!

Comment

I use two spatulas and press down with both. Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Polarbear777 View Post
                    https://theburnshopwf.com/product/steak-press/

smooth surface, can’t flex...
                    I like this one. Looks like it would last a life time. Thank you

Comment

I use this one:

I cut a square of parchment paper or two, and use it to press the smash burgers, and prevent the press from sticking. The Lodge works well, and is good as a beacon/steak/chop press as well.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
                        Alabama Smoke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey Jim, does your handle with the spiral bail handle get too hot to handle or can you use it bare handed? I really like this one myself.

• USMCCrashCrew89
                        USMCCrashCrew89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I use the same one, except splat the ball o beef on the blackstone, then press down with the spatula and apply pressure with the lodge press on the spatula. If you apply pressure and slide the spatula off the smash burger it keeps you from having to use parchment paper.

No issues with the wire handle heating up.

• jfmorris
                        jfmorris commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Alabama Smoke - Tom, I can use it bare handed. When pressing burgers, I don't leave it on the griddle top, so its not getting too hot. When using it to flatten out bacon, along with a second press I have, I have always been able to handle it with my bare hand. The wire coil around the handle seems to stay cool.

I just bought one the other day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7BBEA891-B1F0-46C6-91BC-E2B4AC060F47.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	1033145

It’s pretty heavy. I don’t think it needs to be any heavier, seeing as how I plan on leaning on it. The brand is Geesta, if that matters. There are many similar to it on Amazon.

Comment

I have had some rust issues from not caring for my cast iron Lodge press very well. So I have been considering stainless instead. After a quick gander on Amazon, I found a couple of reasonably affordable presses.

Comment

I really like the Dexter Russell turner I picked up on Amazon last year. It is a beast, and is great for scraping those patties off the griddle and keeping all the seared crust intact.

Comment

Picked it up for about $5 at home depot. Use a small square of wax paper or parchment paper on top of the burger before I press so its doesn't stick to the trowel (or spatula)
                            Last edited by shify; May 18, 2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here