Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Condiment squeeze bottle suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condiment squeeze bottle suggestion?

Recently I have been making sauces rather than buying them. Most of the time i use mason/canning jars to store the sauce, but I would love to find some decent condiment squeeze bottles that could be cleaned well (dishwasher safe would be a plus), make dispensing easier, but also provide a decent seal for storage.

Most of the bottles on amazon look like cheap plastic or have narrow squeeze tips that i doubt would work with thicker KC style sauces.

Curious if anyone has a condiment bottle that they use regularly?

I had this exact issue.....most of the no-name ones on Amazon have horrible reviews. I did find these: https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Che.../dp/B076PT3BD9

They're made by OXO and are up to the quality, which is very good, of their usual stuff. You get a larger bottle and a smaller one in the set, but what is not obvious is that the diameters of the holes in the necks are different sizes, which is actually kinda useful. The lids can be interchanged between the two bottles.

(I did not realize the difference in opening sizes, and was a little miffed at first, but I fixed this by simply buying a second set! Now I have two of each.)

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on OXO bottles. I use them for Oil.

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oxo is almost always a first class product—reasonably priced and high quality.

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      +2 on those from OXO. They work great.

I use this with for my sauce. I have minced onions, so squirt bottle clog.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, that could definitely glop some on, all in th wrist

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones If the sauce ain’t think and sticky you’d definitely need finesse.

I have some of these from Chef's Toys. i like that they have screw lids on each end as it makes cleaning them much easier.

The Tablecraft 11663CF 16 ounce Dual-Way Wide Mouth Squeeze Bottle features leak proof soft polyethylene, 63mm opening and cone tip top. Great for fast prep environments.

Comment

These are a little pricey, but worth the investment. The sauce does have to be chunk free however.

Comment

• Ryan D
        Ryan D commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you keep those in the fridge or a gun safe? That dispenser could make for an interesting event at the meat up.

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        I always keep it loaded and handy. You never know when the cat is going to need an attitude adjustment.

I use these: OXO Good Grips® 2-Piece Chef's Squeeze Bottles
      They're the same ones Michael_in_TX mentioned above.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...es&wmSkipPwa=1
      Last edited by Draznnl; May 6, 2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some ^ them also, likeys em jus fine!

Nice to hear from, come join in th conversations, when Life allows ya to do so, Brother...

These are supposed to be popular with commercial kitchens which is why I bought them. They are easier to clean.

I also like using the standard ones. I still reach for these more often.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm way more comfy with Door Number Two, Monty...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 6, 2021, 10:47 PM. Reason: host...

• Wedunne
        Wedunne commented
        Editing a comment
        I get something like those (#2) and snip off the tips to make the holes bigger

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I snip some tips too.

They aren't cheap, but I am extremely fond of "FIFO" bottles -- https://www.fifobottle.com/fifo-bottle-main/

Very sturdy and easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher. Depending on the dispensing valve you get, you can dispense very thin liquids to chunky and/or thick sauces. I use them for honey, dishwashing liquid, my homemade mustard, Huskee's Shawsh, etc.

The valve is made of silicone and seals tight when not in use, so you don't need a separate cap to seal the bottle.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        FIFO, First in-First Out, Looks interesting. may have to give it a try.

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        These look great.

Can you provide some insight to which valves work best with different types of liquids.

I’ve got a flock of these...with a variety of spouts.
      https://www.webstaurantstore.com/car...PS601NCRD.html

They're nice because the spout can be tossed into the dishwasher...and with the cap on, they play nice in the fridge. Colour coding sauces isn’t a bad idea either. I also have some with speed pour spouts for drinks...great for parties.
      Last edited by surfdog; May 7, 2021, 04:19 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

How do y0u all go about getting things like sour cream, etc into the bottles. I have only snipped a quart zip lock and squeezed, but, what a pain in the ass that is. I think I my have to order better bottles as well, my bottles suck in most uses. But,I do love the control of a squeeze bottle.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I buy that sour cream that comes in a squeeze bottle.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Pro Tip: Try a baster...

I have these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mazingribs--20

Comment

I use empty ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles. Holds a lot and dispenses easy. Mark contents with permanent marker. Price is right.

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Fits my budget too.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup.
            I re-purpose squeeze bottles, spice shakers, etc.
            Actually, I repurpose everything, til it's plum, flat-arsed played tf out...growed up dirt floor po...

After reviewing all the posts in this here dealin with a most accute of problems, there are some tips to assure oneself with: 1. Make sure they are squeezy. 2. Watch fer the gloppiness of said device. 3. It’s ok if it is ergonomic to handle, yessir. 4. Don’t lick the tip after you have squirted it, especially if someone is watching. If yer alone, you be the judge. 5. Hum a tune whilst yer squirtin, you’ll enjoy it more. 🕶

Comment

Go to your local restaurant supply store. You can find them for less than $1 each. Just clip the end off the nozzle for thicker/chunky sauces.

Comment

• Deaf Arty
              Deaf Arty commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup. And Walmart has them for 97 cents. Almost cheap enough to throw away rather than wash...

Find a restaurant supply store.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here