Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searzall owners.. looking for some feedback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searzall owners.. looking for some feedback.

now that it is summer, I’m going to start making pizzas on my kettles again. But, instead 9f chasing after the "perfect pizza" or various accessories, or possible pizza ovens. I am going to make different version of what I would want in a crust for summer cookouts. I truly do not like to have to much stuff, it all needs to be stored somewhere. So, I am ready to pull the lever on buying a searzall so that I can use it to finish off the top side to my likings. Any one have one of these, and what are your thoughts on it’s ability to quickly brown and slightly melt a little fresh mozzarella, that is about all I think I would want it for. Thank you in advance.

I have one. If your goal is to melt / brown toppings, it should do the job though i'd say if you're starting from regular temp mozz, i'd say it maybe takes 20-30 sec to melt and brown just the area you're searing, so to do an entire pie, i'd think it would be a 2-3min job. A question i'd have though is whether crust formation would be different vs. applying a more consistent top heat
    Last edited by Smoldering Flea; May 3, 2021, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely understand your question about top bottom consistency. 2 things I currently think, without use of a pizza oven set up, the difficulty in creating a pleasant eating experience is in that the top needs the searzall to correct the imbalance, I am also looking to completely redesign a pizza for me at least, in it’s build and ingredients, something that is more light, on toppings, and more grill marks like a flat bread pizza. I agree on extra time out, but, like a back up plan. Thank you

• Smoldering Flea
      Smoldering Flea commented
      Editing a comment
      if your plan is to do like a grilled flatbread pizza (i.e. both sides grilled then subsequently topped) then using the searzall to melt/brown toppings should be fine.

I have one. I use it inside on the Chris Lily Smoked Ham Recipe to get a little char on the glaze. I use infrequently on peppers and onions to cook the skin quickly. I have used it directly on charcoal to help charcoal get started. Finally, I have used it to start the charcoal starter cubes. I do not use it to sear steaks. I do not use it for crisping up chicken. I think its use is more valuable as an inside the house kitchen tool and not outside where you probably have a bed of coals going. Bottom line, it works as advertised but I probably would not purchase again. PS: Have never made creme brulee.

Comment

• Smoldering Flea
      Smoldering Flea commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on this. mainly use indoors. and historically mainly when using sous vide (which i've found myself doing less and less)

Richard ... I use the SearzAll often ... with awesome results on burgers and steaks. Didn’t care much for torching pizzas, though. Probably a bit hot for cheese and fresh basil.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I always add my basil and similar style toppings after baked, and pizza has been sliced.

Good Luck.
    Happy Grilling to you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here