Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bristle free grill scrapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theroc
    replied
    I have the Bristle Free Grill brush (your second link). It is a bit of snug fit to get it into the Grill Grate troughs, but when you do it works fairly well. I purchased a two brush version of this from Grill Grates that was easier to work.

Leave a comment:

• Eggy72
    commented on 's reply
    I have a chain mail cleaner for my cast iron that works great, so I could see this being effective.

• HotSauceBob
    replied
    One tool that I use to clean my smoker parts, especially the heat diffuser plate, is an old plastic card (like a credit card). Scrapes aways the stuck on stuff pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    commented on 's reply
    I'd say I have no clue. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting, kind of medieval looking!

• Bbqmikeg
    replied
    Bbq Dragon Chainmail grill grate brush looks pretty good as a bristle free option. I ordered it even though the brush handle looked weak. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sam6687
    replied
    I have been happy with my grill rescue, bonus for me is it works equally well on the the blackstone as it does grates for the grill\smokers

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Agree

• jerrybell
    replied
    I use one of these:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	brush 1.PNG
Views:	201
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1017631

Followed by one of these to hopefully knock off any loose bristles left on the grate from the first. Although I've never seen a loose bristle. I I just don't think the one below cleans as well as the one above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brush 2.PNG
Views:	196
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1017632

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman I am just commenting on the fact that it is safe and doesn't shed. My preferred brush is the closed handled stainless welding brush - it does a great job. I never bought one of the coiled ones - and I am surprised this one has lasted so long.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Man I've got 2-3 of those coiled kind and they suck as far as I'm concerned. Come on over I'll let you have mine, we can drink a PBR together !!

• Troutman
    replied
    I use the RonB dandelion puller thingie and (wait for it) a good old WIRE brush. That's right I'm living dangerously. To be honest they still overall do the best job for me. You just have to be sure to properly rinse and rub down the grates for any possible loose bristles, never had any problems. But that's me, I'm a renegade and live on the edge.

I am intrigued by the Grill Rescue. When it came out I almost got one but forgot. I did buy a steam cleaner machine that works really well but I'm too lazy to set the thing up just to clean a grate before cooking. Steam is the best way to go.
    Last edited by Troutman; April 13, 2021, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    And it does a dual job of picking you dandelions too

• TheQuietOne
    replied
    My dad always used a broken piece of a brick. It worked great so I continued the tradition.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here