Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bristle free grill scrapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fan of the Grill Rescue and a ball of foil. Had the coiled wire brush and it too left a piece of wire on my grate.

Comment

I have one stainless steel welding brush that I sometimes use to scrub stubborn grates down - mostly the expanded metal grate on my offset. While it has bristles, they are very heavy duty and you will notice if one of those falls off. I only use it when breaking down the offset and doing spring cleaning, and hosing it out, etc.

For my regular day to day cleaning, I have one of those brushes with a single coiled stainless steel wire, and have yet to see it break or come apart, and I've been using it for 8 years or more. It doesn't do the deep cleaning I get with the welding brush or steel wool Brillo pads and the hose, but it is good for knocking the crap off the grates safely.

EDIT:

This post made me go search and search, and I found the one I have, finally:

https://brushtechbrushes.com/collect...free-bbq-brush

Reading about these type brushes, this was one of the first companies to have it on the market, back in 2014, which is probably the summer my niece gave me this one.
      Last edited by jfmorris; April 13, 2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Man I've got 2-3 of those coiled kind and they suck as far as I'm concerned. Come on over I'll let you have mine, we can drink a PBR together !!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman I am just commenting on the fact that it is safe and doesn't shed. My preferred brush is the closed handled stainless welding brush - it does a great job. I never bought one of the coiled ones - and I am surprised this one has lasted so long.

My dad always used a broken piece of a brick. It worked great so I continued the tradition.

Comment

I use the RonB dandelion puller thingie and (wait for it) a good old WIRE brush. That's right I'm living dangerously. To be honest they still overall do the best job for me. You just have to be sure to properly rinse and rub down the grates for any possible loose bristles, never had any problems. But that's me, I'm a renegade and live on the edge.

I am intrigued by the Grill Rescue. When it came out I almost got one but forgot. I did buy a steam cleaner machine that works really well but I'm too lazy to set the thing up just to clean a grate before cooking. Steam is the best way to go.
        Last edited by Troutman; April 13, 2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

I use one of these:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	brush 1.PNG
Views:	201
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1017631

Followed by one of these to hopefully knock off any loose bristles left on the grate from the first. Although I've never seen a loose bristle. I I just don't think the one below cleans as well as the one above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brush 2.PNG
Views:	196
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1017632

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree

I have been happy with my grill rescue, bonus for me is it works equally well on the the blackstone as it does grates for the grill\smokers

Comment

Bbq Dragon Chainmail grill grate brush looks pretty good as a bristle free option. I ordered it even though the brush handle looked weak. What do you guys think?
              Attached Files

Comment

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting, kind of medieval looking!

• willxfmr
                willxfmr commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd say I have no clue. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

• Eggy72
                Eggy72 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a chain mail cleaner for my cast iron that works great, so I could see this being effective.

One tool that I use to clean my smoker parts, especially the heat diffuser plate, is an old plastic card (like a credit card). Scrapes aways the stuck on stuff pretty good.

Comment

I have the Bristle Free Grill brush (your second link). It is a bit of snug fit to get it into the Grill Grate troughs, but when you do it works fairly well. I purchased a two brush version of this from Grill Grates that was easier to work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here