Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bristle free grill scrapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristle free grill scrapers

Anyone have any experience with either of these bristle-free grill scrapers?

I just threw away my Green Egg mesh brush that worked great with a new head but then got to the point where I could no longer detach the head to change it.

Thanks for the tip. Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

I have one similar and it does well. There’s also a great thread on the Grill Rescue brush that STEbbq has created. I have one of these Grill Rescue brushes as well and between the combo of the two, I’m happy. They both work great.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        *When used with PBR*

• PittMaestro
        PittMaestro commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I'm gonna give the Grill Rescue a try.

I just have not had any luck with the grill art one, best I can get it to perform is brushing at an angle. The coiled design does allow you to dip in water before scrubbing hot grates which does provide some results, but the scraper is super flimsy. Considering the high reviews maybe the one I got on Amazon was a knock off?

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had that one a couple of months with no complaints.

I gave up on brushes awhile back. Just got tired of having to store them and then they tend to become dirty. I just use balled up foil on my grill grates and stainless grates. I can ball them up, clean the grates then in the trash they go.

Just my 2 cents tho....

Comment

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        I use foil as well.

I have the 1st one currently, used to have the 2nd one. I like them. Thicker head makes them harder to get close the back wall, but that's ok.

Comment

I use this:

The Primo Grate Cleaning Bar comes with a Primo branded wood handle and a steel cleaning rod with a rust-resistant coating. The handle is long enough at 23-inches to keep your hands safely away from the heat of the cooking surface. It removes food from the cooking grate rods and will not damage the porcelain coated grates. With a turn of the wrist it can clean the sides of the grate rods as well. This grate cleaning bar can be cleaned like any other wood handles grilling tool therefore no brushes to wear out, and replace like on a standard grill cleaning brush.

Comment

Similar to xaugievike I’m working on moving over to use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gets a good review from Amazing Ribs and surprisingly really isn’t much more work than a regular brush.

Comment

I really like my CharGon tool. It takes some time to do an entire grate, but it destroys the most baked on gunk easily. Plus, with just a turn of the wrist, you get the sides and bottom of each bar.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
              Dadof3Illinois commented
              Editing a comment
              This right here

Welcome to The Pit.

I use one of these:

Works great.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              And it does a dual job of picking you dandelions too

First post, two links and I still clicked on both without thinking twice. I have work to do.

Comment

I 2nd or 3rd Grill Rescue. Have 2 of them and they work great.

Comment

I find that a good hot fire is a great way to clean grates, then I take them inside and wash them in the sink. It is usually pretty easy to get the carbon off the grates and get them looking like new.

Comment

I've got one of these wood scrapers and find that it works very nicely

Comment

As others have noted, very happy with my Grill Rescue!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here