Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS crisis looming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS crisis looming

Ahhhhh!!!!!
    A new store called the Barbecue Supply Company is opening April 9th in Greendale, WI which is only about 15 min from my house. They are billing themselves as "the shop for all things BBQ". They will stock SnS and Green Mountain grills and accessories plus rubs, sauces, other accessories etc. In addition will hold bbq classes, mfgrs demos, etc. I’m in trouble now!
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; March 10, 2021, 10:36 AM.

Those kinda stores are definitely dangerous...luckily the closest real BBQ superstore I'm aware of is like 2 hours away.

Comment

My nearest (Grillbillies) is no more than 20-30 minutes, but its in a direction I almost never go, thank goodness!

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        They were super informative when I talked to them and I was on the other side of the world at the time. Ended up buying something they didn't carry though We did just have a new BBQ store open up downtown here, but I think right now it's just tools and seasonings, so should be fairly wallet safe to visit

It's 5 hours away for me which should be enough. Are they going to sell on line? I'm only wondering?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t know. They have a web site but it is not fully set up yet.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Asking for a friend?

Awesome, that's only about 25min for me. Right now the closest one is near Appleton.

Comment

Keep what you buy as a secret. We don’t want any more people infected.

Comment

Yep, I have one of those close to my house too. They carry PBC, Primo, Horizon Smokers, Coyote Grills, Yoder, Rec-Tec and I think a few others. Copious amounts of rubs and sauces, wood, SRF and Compart Meats. The place is awesome.

I had the same problem, I go there all the time and spend way too much money. But I love it and to me, it is worth it. I also don't have one of those pesky wives to complain about how much money I spend on BBQ.

Northern Fire Grilling and BBQ Supply for anyone in the Twin Cities that is interested.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Wives!?! Please! I can only keep ONE happy (I think).

I am sure there is a hotline you can call. I do not think you will find any help here. We are all badly infected and will in no way help you...

Comment

Lucky you! The other day my wife and I were talking and I just casually told her that there was just one more cooker I wanted to get. I thought I heard crickets chirping for a few minutes. I then followed it up "don't worry it will replace 1 of the ones we currently have". Then the crickets went silent.
            Last edited by JimLinebarger; March 10, 2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Closest store to me is about 2 miles. Very dangerous! Lots of accessories and lots of Santa Maria accessories. Rubs and sauces as far as the eye can see!
              latenight71 its BBQLand on Spring and Palo Verde

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn’t go in there because at first, they had the vape place. If I offend, sorry, but vaping sickens me. Literally. I practically go into anaphylactic shock if I am around it. Anyways, ace hardware rocks! And have we discussed the wood shed in orange/ Anaheim? About 20-30 different cooking logs, chunks, chips.

• treesmacker
                treesmacker commented
                Editing a comment
                I eyeball all of those great rubs in many stores and then choke when I see the price. I prefer to look up a recipe online (Amazingribs.com has many) then I visit the bulk area at Winco for sugar and spices...pennies on the dollar. That's not to say I haven't purchased some great rubs (Hank's comes to mind).

• treesmacker
                treesmacker commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree, Ace Hardware rocks!

You are doomed.

Comment

The lack of stores like that and a bass pro shops anywhere near me has saved me god knows how much over the years.

Comment

If someone near me carried the PBC, I would have had one a LONG time ago as an impulse purchase. Right now, I am lucky there are no big grill stores nearby. It's hard enough controlling my online MCS spending!

Comment

You are so screwed in a good way. I'm jealous.

Comment

Let us know how things turn out. 🥸

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here