Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat-Up Memphis August 2021 Who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat-Up Memphis August 2021 Who's going?

Hey there everyone! I just registered for the Meat-Up Memphis (which is now August 26-29, 2021, edited by Huskee to reflect new dates) Who else is going? I am glad that it will be in [late August 2021, edited by Huskee to reflect new dates] so this will give me time to move and get my skills down before the event!! I see we can't book rooms yet (it only allows bookings to March 2021) with the Peabody, but I will stay on top of it so I can get one quick!

Easy there. I’ve talked with Meathead about this. It is still on for this year. Unless you know something I don’t.
    There are contingent plans for 2021.
    Meathead said he will make a final decision in June.

Comment

The banner has been changed. Now showing June of 2021 looks like Elvira has it correct. Steve B

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm. Let me find out for sure.
        Not on my pc. So I don’t see the banner
        Last edited by Steve B; April 27, 2020, 06:10 PM.

Yup, saw th changed banner jus a bit ago...
      https://amazingribs.com/memphis

Comment

HawkerXP Looks like you and Elvira 😂😂.
        Good one Hawker. Are right.
        I have spoken to the Mods. 2021 it is.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Its sad but probably for the best.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely for the best.
          Believe me I’m really disappointed it’s being postponed. But the safety of everyone is way more important.

My wife and I paid deposits already and will be going, whether it’s in 2020 or 2021

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, don't bother with a refund, just kick it on down the road.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that’s gonna be a lot of work Eric. But I for one would be very interested in what you you have to offer.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve B we are kicking around some ideas. Probably not a huge number of recipes. Lots of focus on the story of how we got here, what we like, how we integrate wines and farms and such that are part of where we live. And some of these very favorite recipes.

No matter what happens it appears to be a "Banner Year"

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Can I assume you’re talking about next year.
          Cause this year is already F. I mean messed up. 😬

We can still do regional meat ups. C'mon NorCal and SoOre, let's do something!

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Not here Mike. Look up where I live. 😬
          As of now there’s only 17 States that have more covid cases than my small county. Pretty scary around here. To boot my tenet had it. So it was inside my house. Fortunately my wife and I are good.

Yes. I made the decision yesterday. I have not notified the hotel or sent an email to attendees yet. You guys are too sharp!

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think any of us needed a crystal ball to see this coming. Kick the can down road and we'll all get together when it's "safe"

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Please don't refund if possible - just apply it to '21.

I’m letting my deposit ride. For what it’s worth I think putting it off was the right decision.

So I’m still in for 2021!

Comment

Next year should work better for me regardless. Hope to be there.
          Last edited by Steve R.; April 28, 2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I'll be going in 2021! Cannot wait to take part in something like this!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              See ya there fellow Michigander.

Well, that is the Peabody booked for ten nights. As we are travelling from the UK wife and I are making a holiday of the weekend and staying for a week afterwards. Just waiting for the airlines to open up those dates so I can book flights.

Comment

Well, since my sister and BIL just moved to Memphis and I have a free place to stay, I might sign up. Gotta look at the dates and check my calendar.
            Last edited by 58limited; September 24, 2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

LESS THAN 12 SPOTS remain for next year's Meat-Up in Memphis event so if you have been mulling it over, now is the time to lock in your space at AmazingRibs.com/Memphis.

After the last of the 400 spaces are filled we will start a waiting list which we will follow from #1 down should there be any cancellations. PLEASE NOTE, the dates are not in June 2021 as the title of this thread suggests. It is actually August 2021:
              • THURSDAY August 26, 2021: Arrive, check into the Peabody.
              • FRIDAY August 27: Mark Lambert's whole hog prep two ways. Kickoff dinner at Rendezvous.
              • SATURDAY August 28: Seminars and Product Expo in the Peabody Grand Ballroom. Compart Duroc pork lunch and whole hog dinner.
              • SUNDAY August 29: Bus tours of BBQ joints all day. Party at Silky O’Sullivan’s in the evening.
              • MONDAY August 30: Check out.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Month fixed with respect to title.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis