Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gators vs Vandy - Anybody Tailgating There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gators vs Vandy - Anybody Tailgating There

I am flying into Gainesville to see my alma mater play Vandy 11/9 and I'm looking for a tailgate party to crash with my wife, sister, and her husband. Anybody gonna be there with 4 extra hot dogs?

I would send some family but they only have LSU tickets.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch!

Don't worry you can go down and introduce yourself and have a great time down there. I will check on one of my other forums that have any contacts going to be taitgaiting down there. I am sure some of my contacts will know someone will know a UofF contact.

Well I have put it on the website, let's see what happens.
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; October 14, 2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tide vs Gators.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	755859

Comment

Hi Meathead,

We've lived in Gainesville since 1993, but somehow, I've never been to an actual tailgate at the Swamp. It seems that my kitchen and recliner are just too inviting for game day.

As a relative newcomer to The Pit I had missed your history as a Gator and had a good time finding that this morning. Your Hall of Fame-worthy performance in the Swamp would live right up there along with the Florida Flop if only there were a YouTube.

I'll poke around to see if I can come up with a contact for you for a good tailgate. I'd try to organize something, but that date is right in the sweet spot for the anticipated arrival of grandbaby number 2, so I will be somewhat on call for watching grandbaby number 1.

Feel free to reach out, though, if you have any questions about Gainesville while you are going to be here. It has been growing and changing rapidly.

Comment

I'll be there! I don't know if I'm having a tailgate yet, but if not, there is a group that has been throwing a tailgate that is open to the public for years, called Harmonic Woods. If you watched College Gameday when they were in town for the Auburn game you probably saw it, as Gameday gave them some air time.

I'll be in touch with more specifics as the game gets closer Meathead Go Gators!

Comment

• JPGators17
            JPGators17 commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries, if I do have a tailgate it definitely won't be Woodstock, but y'all are welcome to partake! Certainly don't base your plans around anything I put together, but I'll keep you posted.

• JPGators17
            JPGators17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Meathead I've decided I'm not going to hassle with throwing a full tailgate for a 12pm kickoff. We'll probably just park by Lake Alice and have a few drinks, but you're obviously welcome to come by. If you end up hanging out near the stadium pre-game, let me know, would love to come say hi. Go Gators!!

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. We have been invited to a tailgaste party so we're good!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Fla handles Vandy quite easily.
          Sorry no help on tailgating from my roost up here in the sticks....

Comment

If you ever end up in Columbia, SC I've got a tailgate chair and a cold one waiting for you.

Comment

• JPGators17
              JPGators17 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll be there tomorrow, first time!

This would be a great time!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here