Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA/MD Second Annual Meat-UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daffodils are starting to poke there heads through the permafrost. You know that means spring is just 2 months away!

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      And where there are daffodils, bacon wrapped jalapenos aren't far away!

Thought I'd bump this thread. The park still has two tent sites available. Anyone else interested? We are starting to make plans for this trip.

I just got back from the Shenandoha. This is a great time of year to camp!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_192152.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	662549

Comment

Man, I just got rid of my tent, since I hadn't used it in about 5 years.

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol! That's why I haven't thrown away my betamax.

A little too far away for us. I know you guys are going to have a great time.

Comment

I'm looking into cabins...

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          If they are anything like the ones at the Shenandoah (same park system) I'll bet they're great! Thunder77

I am the only person in my site and they allow two tents in each site so if anyone needs a tent site let me know...

Right now I am planning to bring my PBC and my 22" Blackstone...

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          You have your cookers, any idea what you might do in / on them?

I am thinking of doing all cast iron for my cooks.

I can do one of these for a dinner, rump roast, jambalaya, or pizza. If Thunder77 is coming I'll leave the pizza to him! Respect.

Are any of you smoking a chicken or turkey? I can do special mash potatoes in the dutchoven for a side. I'll also do some Texas beans (not too hot this time HawkerXP in the DO if any ribs make the trip.

I think we each should take one nights main entree while others make sides.

Not a sermon. Just a thought.

I'm looking forward to your PBC cooks HawkerXP clb239 I have never had a meal from a PBC!

Name:	20180407_124631.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	662644

Texas beans in the DO.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I have two, two man tents if you’d like to use one.

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Jambalaya it is. It has to be Friday to keep the seafood fresh. Anyone alergic to shellfish? Scallops, shrimp, crawfish?

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am good with Shellfish...I love me some Jambalaya...

Do you plan to be there for the whole weekend?

Comment

We (Mud n Me) do Friday to Sunday. But feel free to do whatever works for you.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            3 nights. good for me.

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes! 😀

• clb239
            clb239 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm coming Friday until Sunday

I was thinking about an appetizer for one of the nights, either pork belly burnt ends or goose breast poppers (will depend on how much goose is still in the freezer)

Something I have that I can fix is a spiral sliced ham that gets smoked on the PBC and the glazed. I have done these a couple of times and they come out awesome. Since it is the weekend after Easter that might be fitting...I also do a pretty awesome turkey breast...I am still working on my rib process but they have been pretty good...So I am open for requests...

I will have my Blackstone and Bacon, Eggs and Sausage to cook on it in the mornings...

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Smoked glazed ham..... hmmm..... yeah buddy!

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Pork belly burnt ends appetizers. Yes. That'll do!

Btw... I like the avatar

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Goose poppers! Yum!

Okay Thunder77 . You have a tent from HawkerXP and a site from clb239 I'll have an air matress and sleeping bag for ya. Are you in? I 'll throw in a bottle of whiskey if that's what it takes. 😀

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171227_155956.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	663093

Comment

After spending all night loading the truck I ready to head to the Meatup. James River State Park in VA. Come for a day if you'd like. We'll have plenty of food and good company. Sites 14 & 15 in Canoe Landing Area Primitive campsites. Not primitive at all.

We're there today Friday 4/26 - checking out Monday 4/29.

Name:	img_6750.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	670202

Comment

• T-bone
              T-bone commented
              Editing a comment
              Y'all have a great time! Sorry I can't make it this year.

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              What happened to those two missing cases?
              See you around 14;00.

I agree - have a great time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here