Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King of Prussia, PA - Midwinter Celtic Music Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King of Prussia, PA - Midwinter Celtic Music Festival

My wife and I will be food vendors at this event. Stop by Wayward Waffle and say hi! Of course, you can feel free to try Waffle-Q! An original or potato waffle (think mashed potatoes with a binder to hold them together, browned in a waffle iron) topped with pulled pork and homemade barbecue sauce (that tastes suspiciously like Meathead's Kansas City sauce). Here's the events website. That's a lot of Celtic bands!
    http://eohebrides.com/events/index.c...entID=536.html
    Last edited by _Keith; February 12, 2015, 08:38 AM.

Keith the Waffle-Q sounds delicious, is that your own invention?

Comment

• _Keith
      _Keith commented
      Editing a comment
      It is! I figured if fried chicken and waffles works, pork barbecue would work even better. Boy was I right! The sweetness of a traditional waffle is a great complement to the savory meat and the sweet and tangy sauce. But then my wife perfected a potato waffle batter recipe that includes roasted garlic, caramelized onions, and fresh parsley, and it's perfect underneath the pulled pork. I honestly don't know which I like better. Fortunately, I can have both :-)

• l'inferno
      l'inferno commented
      Editing a comment
      The Waffle Q: BRILLIANT.
      I want one.
      I'm sure the pork is great. The batter recipe is really interesting.
      KUDOS to you. Can you post some pics?
      Good luck at event.

The idea of the savoury potato waffle is literally making my mouth water at my desk, great idea, gotta watch my keyboard!

Comment

Originally posted by bbqoaf View Post
      The idea of the savoury potato waffle is literally making my mouth water at my desk, great idea, gotta watch my keyboard!

Perhaps we should start including a keyboard drool splashguard with membership. I'll talk to Meathead. lol

Comment

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd buy three!

It's 90 miles from me. I would consider going but it's very expensive on Saturday at $30 a head.

Comment

• _Keith
        _Keith commented
        Editing a comment
        Obviously, I think you should go anyway :-)
        There are somewhere around 18 bands playing. If you think about it, a normal, 1.5 hour concert can cost somewhere around $15 -$50. 18 half hour concerts seems pretty cheap in comparison. Plus it's a lot of fun if you bring a friend or two.
        I may be biased ;-)

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will you be playing as well as vending food?

I think the Chancellor of the Exchequer will put the kibosh on it since we are going out for an expensive dinner Friday night for early Valentine's Day celebration.

• _Keith
        _Keith commented
        Editing a comment
        Sad to miss you, but priorities! I won't be performing professionally this year, as we anticipate being way too busy cooking. But I'll be bringing my fiddle just in case.

You're a fiddle player? Cool!

Comment

• _Keith
        _Keith commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! Hence the tattoo.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        The tat didn't give it away. I googled Wayward Waffle's and ended up on the Facebook page, from where I ended up on what I assume is your wife's FB page (she's very attractive, BTW) and finally on your FB page.

Attended the Celtic Family Jamboree http://www.celticheritageproductions.com/fj.htm this past weekend in Brooksville FL, about a hour north of Tampa. Had a great time and listened to some serious jams. I got up early on Saturday and did a picnic ham for dinner that night. Made mac & cheese (the AR recipe) in my new dutch oven.
      Our Great Pyreneese was a huge hit. Poor dog was fondled by gorgeous women all weekend
      Wish I had a pic of my wife in her celtic gown

Comment

Hi Keith
        where can we see your schedule for the summer ?
        Thanks
        Jere

Comment

holy old post batman!!

Comment

But the Celtic festival is worth planning in advance. I haven't been in a while, when I used to go, I would often work for R.E. Piland gold smith. The whole thing is a lot of fun, though you don't get the games like you do with the warmer weather events (no indoor caber toss).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here