Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte, NC USA - Lunch at Midwood Smokehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure my dentist is coming, albeit a little late. They close at 12:30 for lunch but the office is close by. Had two others very interested but conflicts arose. Dentist has a Kamodo.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I think heard somewhere "4 out of 5 dentists prefer kamados."

OK. I can round up a few coworkers that are into cue as well. Maybe we'll fill up a table after all.

Comment

Looks like I have 1 maybe two joining me. See you at noon!

Comment

It didn't work out we were in Charlotte yesterday

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Midwood Smokehouse on January 29! There were four of us who enjoyed some really fine eating. I had the brisket, part fatty and part lean, with baked beans and hushpuppies. The brisket was wonderful...my only problem was deciding whether I liked it better with or without the sauce...delicious either way. A nice tangy flavor was found in the beans. I will definitely revisit Midwood in the future!

Good news for me is that they will open another location in the Ballantyne area late March or early April. An article in today's Charlotte Observer discloses part of their preparation for that. They're embarked a mission called "Barbecue Boot Camp" with their pitmaster and others which was a trek through Austin and Houston to find other influences they can incorporate. They visited Cork-Screw BBQ, Southside Market and Barbecue and El Real Tex Mex.

Midwood will have a "Crossroads 'Cue Supper" on Feb, 25. This will feature three courses, served family style, culled from Robb Walsh's 10 cookbooks, plus beer from NoDa Brewing. Hmmm...sounds like another trip to me!

Love these outings.
          Last edited by smokinsteve; February 6, 2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinsteve View Post
            Midwood will have a "Crossroads 'Cue Supper" on Feb, 25. This will feature three courses, served family style, culled from Robb Walsh's 10 cookbooks, plus beer from NoDa Brewing. Hmmm...sounds like another trip to me!

Love these outings.
            Steve, Mrs. Pit Boss and I will be at this event celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. Hope to see you there!

Comment

I'm new to the Pit and I live in Charlotte! I'm between Ballantyne and Piper Glen. Any other future meatups?

Comment

How about next week? Let's say Wednesday.

Comment

That works great David Parrish ! Lunch or dinner? How about Midwood off of Johnston Rd?

Any other Pitmasters are welcome to come! I'd love to meet them!

Comment

Scott we usually do the one on Central. That work? I'm on the NE side of town so Ballantyne is a bit of a hike for me.

Comment

If we do the one on Central, let's make it a dinner occasion? 6pm ok? I am flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
                        If we do the one on Central, let's make it a dinner occasion? 6pm ok? I am flexible.

I got kid activities in the evenings so will need to be lunch. After mapping the southside location I can see it's only 14 minutes from my office. I can do that one.

Comment

scottranda Can we move to Thursday? Wednesday is not looking good for me now.

Comment

David Parrish Thursday works for me

Comment

Well Rats!! Don't know how I missed this. I'm pretty faithful about checking "Today's Posts", and didn't see this posted there.
                              Last edited by smokinsteve; June 18, 2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here