Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DizzyFest 13 is in the Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DizzyFest 13 is in the Books!

Wow! On Saturday I attended my first event ever: DizzyFest 13, at Dizzy Pig BBQ Company, in Manassas, Va. Dizzy Pig puts on DizzyFest every year, and it is a blast! They have a sale on Big Green Eggs, and folks purchase them before the event for 20% off. Teams of cooks come from all over, and demonstrate cooking on the Eggs. After the event, the proud new Egg owners come and pick up their purchases.

I was recruited/drafted/volunteered to come and be part of my friends’ team this year. I had a wonderful time, and met a passel of terrific cooks who were also great people. I also met Chris Capell, owner of Dizzy Pig, and a sterling individual.

There was so much food I can’t even remember half of what I sampled. There were tacos al pastor, breakfast fatties, biscuits, tri-tip tacos, scotch eggs you name it, it was probably there. I just played sous chef, and roamed around sampling food, and visiting the Dizzy Pig store. I even got some freebies from the Maverick rep who was there at the fest.

A great time was had by all, and I will go back next year and cook something on the Egg for DizzyFest. I loved how all the cooks did a variety of dishes to showcase the versatility of the BGE.

Dizzy Pig also has a retail store with super friendly and very knowledgeable staff. They feature their signature line of seasonings, and just about EVERYTHING related to BGE.

If you are in or near Manassas, VA, come get spun at the Dizzy Pig!

Some of the dishes I sampled are below:
    Maple praline French toast casserole topped with bacon.
    jalapeño popper stuffed with crab dip, wrapped in bacon
    greek style meatballs with spinach, onion and feta cheese, topped with tatziki sauce
    tacos al pastor

Bottom picture is the team. I am the one in the back row with the Oklahoma shirt and the big belly. Sorry, I am not very photogenic!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thunder77; May 7, 2018, 08:02 PM.

Dizzy Pig is a class outfit. And their rubs are really good!

Comment

Very nice. Looks like a great time.

Comment

Glad ya had a good time, Brother!
        Looks like quite th Shindig, up there in VA!

Comment

One of these days I’ll make that 20 minute trek to one of these things...

The new Dizzy Pig store is awesome (previous was very cramped). Don’t make it there very often, though, because I can get the full line of Dizzy Pig rubs at a farm market much closer to my house. Great stuff!

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have only tried one that I didn’t like. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t to my taste.

Thunder77 , I’m sure an excellent time was had by all !! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great event. Thunder77 what was your team serving? So much food it was all a blur.

Some of my favorites (that I remember) were the "squash-age", the oysters, the empanadas, and a popper that had pineapple cream cheese.

One of the demo eggs is mine though I wasn’t able to take it Saturday. Have to wait until May 19...

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              We were serving The greek style meatballs, breakfast quesadillas, Chicken Chesapeake, grilled polenta with goat cheese, almonds and honey, and the jalapeno poppers. The squashage was really tasty. By the time the emapanadas came out I was stuffed!
              Congrats on your purchase!

• BrentC
              BrentC commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool. I had your poppers, but I don't think I had the other dishes. I had intended to get a meatball but I turned around to talk to someone for a minute and they were gone.

Couldn't make it. Maybe next year. Looks like fun!

Comment

I wish I were closer. I really like Dizzy Pig rubs. But, I have experienced some Eggfest which are always lots of fun.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here