Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA, MD Meat-up April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA, MD Meat-up April

Anyone interested in a Meat-up at the Shenandoah River State Park? The park has tent, cabin, and RV sites. All sites fill up fast so we'll have to act now. The site has full baths and hot individual showers along with a sink to wash dishes. This place is beautiful and well maintained. It looks like Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7 are the dates that work best. I will be camping in a tent site those two nights.

I think it would be fun to see a pot luck meal or two. I'll bring the little smoker that could and some cast iron and who knows what will happen. I would encourage you to bring a grill or two and cook something also. I can just imagine the smells wafting throughout the park. Mmm... yummy...

Here's a link to the park - http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-pa...al_information

Just reply I'm in and we'll PM from there. There is one caveat. These sites go FAST so space is first come, first serve, and is limited.

HawkerXP

Click image for larger version  Name:	20160813_092120.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	434300
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2969.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	286.9 KB ID:	434301

Click image for larger version  Name:	20160812_114339.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.54 MB ID:	434302

Man that actually sounds like fun, and the place looks beautiful. But at 2500 miles round-trip, I'm sure my wife would demand blue water and white sand for that kind of effort. <sigh>

Enjoy it!

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm... blue water it has, but you got us on the white sand!

I'm in. Thanks @MudKat!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      So, that takes care of breakfast............;0 hehehe let me think on this for a bit.

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Heh! Heh! You got lunch?

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, lunch for Saturday.

Great idea! I don't know my schedule that far out, but we're tentatively in. We wouldn't camp, but it's close enough for us drive out and back on a Saturday. Thanks, Mudkat!

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Good deal! Do you want to contribute to a meal?

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, will do. I'm thinking on bringing my Weber kettle. I thought about SV-Qing some nice pork chops ahead of time and then heat/sear them at the campsite. Thoughts?

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah baby!

HawkerXP , T-bone Thunder77

Bumping this thread...

All this cold weather is making me think spring! Anyone else out there want to join us for a meat-up in April? Spend a day or the weekend.

Thunder77 - Do you think you'll join us?

Comment

Just saw this thread. Can’t commit due to heavy travel schedule for work, but will definitely keep an eye on it. Maybe I’ll bring one of my KK’s out...or not

Comment

That would be great! I'll keep you in the loop. Do you think you would camp? We have two sites available.

Comment

• Pequod
          Pequod commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably not. Most likely just a day trip on Saturday if I make it at all. Have been to that park before. It's about an hour from my house.

Bumping this thread again...

Anyone else interested in joining us? HawkerXP and I will be tent camping Friday 4/6 and 4/7 Saturday nights. We have two tent spots left.

@Peqoud and T-bone are a maybe for Saturday cookout.

Thunder77.

if you're interested PM me or answer here. I am declaring that spring is here so we hope to see you there!

​​​​​​​Mudkat

Comment

Okay smokers and grillers this thing is turning into a feast! On the menu for Saturday:

HawkerXP = Pulled Chuckie
          T-bone = SV'd pork chops
          Oooh baby we could stop right there, but wait there's more!
          Mudkat = Last Meal Ribs, Drunken or Grannies Beans, Corn bread
          Pequod might make it too!

But wait there's more!
          Friday - Jambalaya over the fire w/cowboy tripod, salad, and corn bread
          Saturday morning - Omelettes and smoked Italian sausage
          Sunday Morning - Pancakes with blueberries and Chambord syrup

There are still two tent spots for the sites we rented already let us know if you want to pitch a tent.

Teaser:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171228_121905.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.53 MB ID:	472804

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, yer killing me here!

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            There's always a next time!

Man, that sounds so awesome! You guys are gonna have a great time!

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah! We'll post pics of the event after the food is gone, the tents are down, and we come back to the real world.

Can’t wait! Definitely looking forward to it. Thanks Mudkat for getting this all set up!

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Should be a good time!

How does one post photos?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Select the paper clip at the top right of your post and upload attachment.

Here' some instructions

​​​​​​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here