Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A report from FIR: "Fortress In Smoke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henrik, Beautiful Site and Pic's! Hopefully Your Book Sales were Beautiful as Well ‼️ I am Looking forward to the day You and Meathead are Neck & Neck in Total Number of Sales 👍👍👍👍👍 ❗️ Julia Childs will Come Back to Adopt Both of You ‼️ 🤗😇🤗
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Julia Child, now there's one cool lady! I have her books at home, not so many pics, but top quality.

Man, Brother!!!
    Thanks fer th' great post!!!!
    I very much enjoyed th' spectacular location...
    We have a conspicuous dearth of 700 yr. old castles, here in th' States...
    Hope ya' had a Fantastic Time, an' sold lotsa books!!!!

Comment

Thanks all! It really turned out exceptionally well. To add some more info: the whole place was completely sold out, so we were all busy.
      As for non-food activities: There was a changing of the guards, with people dressed up in 14th century uniforms, they fired the cannons (I'm talking real 14th century cannons), they were LOUD. Lots of bands played on the big stage et.c. Quite a family fest.

Food info: each team had to pick a theme, so we had lot's of Argentinian bbq, Texas bbq, middle eastern bbq (very interesting/good flavor profiles), german bbq et.c. There was only one team doing a Swedish theme, but they cooked great food. The did a kale puddig on the grill which was outstanding. They also served pork shoulder which is very traditional Swedish food.

And of course...
      I was handing out those 3 month free membership cards for the Pitmaster Club to people. Meathead sent a bunch to me in May, and I keep handing them out when I can. Hopefully one or two guys/gals sign up next week. Would be fun!

Comment

Makes the (part) Swede in me proud!

Comment

A feast fit for Odin!

Comment

Kale pudding, awe heck no!

Did you have any 14th century bands? Figure them dudes might be a tad old.

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, and I'm glad they didn't. Not my style. They were all rock bands, not too bad either.

Great photos! So I would have insisted on King Salmon and BBQ'd peasant.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Awe man, I know things were tough in those days, but, did they really BBQ peasants in Sweden?

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here