Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Conference ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Conference ???

Hello everyone, as you probably know I have only been around less than a month and I really like this site. Is is possible that maybe one day we have an AmazingRibs.com Annual Conference? I can't think of a better word than conference but I just know there is one. Would that be fun? Meet, break bread, Q, drink and enjoy. Maybe some of the vendors would show up and bring their wares. If no one wants this then you will not hurt my feelings it is just a thought and maybe a long way off.

Guy

sounds good! -- somewhere warm LOL

Comment

• Guy
      Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well right now I am cold in Florida. LOL

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      I will be there... all this snow sucks LOL! Can I BBQ some gator there?

If you can find one. You have to kill your own.

Comment

Fun! Maybe... lol

Comment

Smarkley, We also have possum, armadillo, and other road kill. They all taste like chicken.

Comment

California is real nice in July!!

Comment

• Guy
            Guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida is a scorcher in July. Humidly it terrible. The only reason people come here is so they can stand neck deep in the water.

hahahaha... someone could come up with road-kill appetizers for the conference! Something Like This >>

Click image for larger version

Name:	somethinglikeThis.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	31643

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            smarkley, I think you have lived in MN to long! It seems to be affecting you! 😙 Dan

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            Danjohnston949 ... I live in Idaho... You may be thinking of someone else...

BUT at the time I posted this I had been watching Swamp People... which definitely affected me! LOL

LMAO anything is good with bacon.

Comment

We have a guy from Florida out here. Our lows are in the lower 20's. He said he was COLD.

Comment

• Guy
              Guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod, I am cold and from North Florida. It is supposed to rain Sunday night and Monday and then Tuesday be 23 degrees. Lower 20's like you said.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, 23 is COLD for FL. It's 19 at my place right now.
              23 in FL is like MI hitting 100s+ in summer. It happens, but it makes the news when it does.

• cadmentr
              cadmentr commented
              Editing a comment
              it's really cold here in Canada right now, and where I live is getting hit with about 3 - 4 inches of snow all day today. Driving into work this morning was not pleasant.

This should go in the member meetings channel. We've talked about having get togethers, but it's still very early stages. I'm very interested to see where this goes.

Comment

• Guy
              Guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Boss those were my thoughts exactly when I started it. Just see where it goes.

• Guy
              Guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Boss are you going to move it to the member meetings channel?

Arizona is nice year round feel free to have a conference here. I like the idea of having regional and national ones. I'm in

Comment

• Guy
              Guy commented
              Editing a comment
              I like the idea of regional and national even better. That way start small and see what it takes to put one on. And also folks that could not make national because of distance could possibly make regional.

The logistics of running a National event are very large. I would recommend having some local events first.. Call them "Pit Nation GTG's" (Get ToGethers). They could be at someones home and just get some guys together to cook and share ideas. Then if they are successful you could expand them to State, Regional, or National events. I am thinking of having one at my place after the first of the year. It will be open to all that want to come. Hopefully there won't be more than about 20 folks that come as that is about all my place can support.

Comment

• Guy
              Guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Barry, I could probably make that one pretty easily.

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              My thoughts exactly. But it would be nice to have a national Meat-Up...

Great ideas Barry... I might show up too, ya never know!

Comment

• Marauderer
              Marauderer commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be great Smarkley. I was also thinking that it would be nice to see some other grills/smokers that what I have so I will encourage some of those coming to bring their equipment if possible. For some just making the trip will be all they can do which is understandable.

Being that the Holiday's are upon us I was thinking the middle of January is as early as I could get something together. Say like the the weekend of 17 January.

Comment

Barry, not sure I can come that early but we are planning to go the Alpharetta soon after the holidays. Might work though. I would give it my best shot.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here