Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Conference ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well for me here in Phoenix it would be AZ, Vegas, and So Cal, hopefully more folks in the area chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by charchamp View Post
      Well for me here in Phoenix it would be AZ, Vegas, and So Cal, hopefully more folks in the area chime in.
      That's the spirit CharChamp. Like in the movie "Field of Dreams" build it and they will come. Or schedule it and they will come in our situation. I am going to work up a date (whatever date you decide on will not get everyone but hey that is when you are available and they can make the next one) and throw it out there and the set up an itinerary for the weekend. I will probably start it on Friday afternoon and end at Sunday right after lunch so folks can get home to go to work on Monday. I need to figure a basic menu, what kind of grill/smokers will be available. I will be able to accommodate some folks staying at he house and some will want to stay at a hotel so will have to have some options for folks. Bring in some groceries, charcoal, wood, etc and rock and roll. It shouldn't take a lot. Chairs will be in short supply so those that are driving and have room would be asked to bring some extra chairs. I have plenty of tables. Can anyone think of anything else???

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee, You Powersmoke and me. We meet for a 40 at the Tridge.

The mini Michigan Meet Up.

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey... I have a bunch of family not far from you guys in northern Ohio, by the lake... it might not be out of the question for me to stop by and visit them, then hop up to Michigan for a meet up.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure alcohol is allowed at the Tridge. Maybe, it's been a while. Too bad Bone Daddy's doesn't serve beers. Half hour drive for me, not bad.

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
      That's the spirit CharChamp. Like in the movie "Field of Dreams" build it and they will come. Or schedule it and they will come in our situation. I am going to work up a date (whatever date you decide on will not get everyone but hey that is when you are available and they can make the next one) and throw it out there and the set up an itinerary for the weekend. I will probably start it on Friday afternoon and end at Sunday right after lunch so folks can get home to go to work on Monday. I need to figure a basic menu, what kind of grill/smokers will be available. I will be able to accommodate some folks staying at he house and some will want to stay at a hotel so will have to have some options for folks. Bring in some groceries, charcoal, wood, etc and rock and roll. It shouldn't take a lot. Chairs will be in short supply so those that are driving and have room would be asked to bring some extra chairs. I have plenty of tables. Can anyone think of anything else???
      Can anyone recommend something else? I do have room for some tent camping and a little room for an RRV.

Comment

I'm game... that would be cool.

Comment

I love this idea! I will approach the NBBQA, a trade association, about piggybacking on their event so members could come just to our gathering or go to both. Give me time to work it out.

Comment

• Guy
            Guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to hear from you Meathead. Don't see you enough but I understand someone has to run the show. Good Job.

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            Just met FTF with them. It has some possibility.

If there are any SoCal Pit Members who want to do an all-day cook with your favorite meat, I'd be down with that. It's 80° and perfect BBQ weather.

Comment

Hey, Guy, I don't get into the Pit as much as I'd like, but that's because I know Pit Boss has it under control. I am actively responding to comments on the public website where there are a lot of newbies, and busily working on a new design for the website that works MUCH better on tablets and smartphones. I am also pounding away on my book and working with Chef Ryan on new recipes. You'll be seeing more of me.

Comment

Meathead, I understand and you are right Pit Boss has it all under control and does a great job. You may not know this but I am hearing impaired and I mentioned that I could not watch the seminars because they are not closed caption. Boss checked into this and found out what I already knew. Closed Caption is expensive. Unless you are really a huge company of get a sponsor for closed caption (Like Weber or General Motors, LOL you can't afford it. You may have noticed that a lot of companies on YouTube have closed caption on their ads and instruction vids. More and more backyard vids are getting closed caption too on YouTube. You might want to check that out and see how that is done. Anyway I can tell you that I think YouTube uses voice recognition software on all of theirs. This is practically worthless as far as I am concerned because if you cannot speak the English language like Daniel Webster then the software does not understand you. Therefore it prints garbage. So don't waste any money with that system. It is just one of those things. Seems like only the TV giants can afford the real closed caption. And I am not sure the government is not making them do it.

Anyhow, have a good year.

Guy

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                I continue to look at options, but they are either really expensive or poor quality. Sigh.

Guy we're actually still looking into CC and have a line on a service we just might maybe be able to afford. I think it will be great both for yourself as well as folks that might want to watch the videos muted. I agree with you on the YouTube built in voice transcription software. It's just not very good at all. I tried it out on a couple of videos that I had uploaded to YouTube and some of the things it came up with were hilarious, but little of it made sense or agreed with the actual dialogue. Oh, and thanks for the props!

Comment

Welcome,

Guy

Comment

I'm in in FL!

Comment

This sounds REALLY interesting and fun. Most of you would prefer NOT Minnesota in the winter! LOL

Comment

Wow you guys found an oldie but a goodie.

Comment

We have begun planning.

Comment

• ecowper
                          ecowper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes!!!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here