Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Conference ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eugenek
    replied
    If there are any SoCal Pit Members who want to do an all-day cook with your favorite meat, I'd be down with that. It's 80° and perfect BBQ weather.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    I love this idea! I will approach the NBBQA, a trade association, about piggybacking on their event so members could come just to our gathering or go to both. Give me time to work it out.

Leave a comment:

• milobeto
    replied
    I'm game... that would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    That's the spirit CharChamp. Like in the movie "Field of Dreams" build it and they will come. Or schedule it and they will come in our situation. I am going to work up a date (whatever date you decide on will not get everyone but hey that is when you are available and they can make the next one) and throw it out there and the set up an itinerary for the weekend. I will probably start it on Friday afternoon and end at Sunday right after lunch so folks can get home to go to work on Monday. I need to figure a basic menu, what kind of grill/smokers will be available. I will be able to accommodate some folks staying at he house and some will want to stay at a hotel so will have to have some options for folks. Bring in some groceries, charcoal, wood, etc and rock and roll. It shouldn't take a lot. Chairs will be in short supply so those that are driving and have room would be asked to bring some extra chairs. I have plenty of tables. Can anyone think of anything else???
    Can anyone recommend something else? I do have room for some tent camping and a little room for an RRV.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure alcohol is allowed at the Tridge. Maybe, it's been a while. Too bad Bone Daddy's doesn't serve beers. Half hour drive for me, not bad.

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Hey... I have a bunch of family not far from you guys in northern Ohio, by the lake... it might not be out of the question for me to stop by and visit them, then hop up to Michigan for a meet up.

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee, You Powersmoke and me. We meet for a 40 at the Tridge.

The mini Michigan Meet Up.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sensing central MI is out of the question? Lol.

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    I am sure we will think of something else before the time. One thing I would rather not happen is for Barry to be stuck with spending a lot of his own money. I know how that can happen and Barry being the nice guy that I think he is will probably not say anything. Let's all consider this. We need to figure something out. Barry any suggestions since it is in your area I don't know what you have for butchers and meat. The other food, drink, chairs should not be a problem.

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by charchamp View Post
    Well for me here in Phoenix it would be AZ, Vegas, and So Cal, hopefully more folks in the area chime in.
    That's the spirit CharChamp. Like in the movie "Field of Dreams" build it and they will come. Or schedule it and they will come in our situation. I am going to work up a date (whatever date you decide on will not get everyone but hey that is when you are available and they can make the next one) and throw it out there and the set up an itinerary for the weekend. I will probably start it on Friday afternoon and end at Sunday right after lunch so folks can get home to go to work on Monday. I need to figure a basic menu, what kind of grill/smokers will be available. I will be able to accommodate some folks staying at he house and some will want to stay at a hotel so will have to have some options for folks. Bring in some groceries, charcoal, wood, etc and rock and roll. It shouldn't take a lot. Chairs will be in short supply so those that are driving and have room would be asked to bring some extra chairs. I have plenty of tables. Can anyone think of anything else???

Leave a comment:

• charchamp
    replied
    Well for me here in Phoenix it would be AZ, Vegas, and So Cal, hopefully more folks in the area chime in.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Barry, not sure I can come that early but we are planning to go the Alpharetta soon after the holidays. Might work though. I would give it my best shot.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Being that the Holiday's are upon us I was thinking the middle of January is as early as I could get something together. Say like the the weekend of 17 January.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    Barry, I could probably make that one pretty easily.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    That would be great Smarkley. I was also thinking that it would be nice to see some other grills/smokers that what I have so I will encourage some of those coming to bring their equipment if possible. For some just making the trip will be all they can do which is understandable.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here