Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPEN INVITATION SE Michigan (This just needs to get started)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually go hunting around Omer, the "Smallest city in Michigan".

Comment

Originally posted by Onenemesis View Post
      I usually go hunting around Omer, the "Smallest city in Michigan".
      Ahh yes, Omer. The town where smoked fish shacks outnumber houses 6 to 1. Childhood memories going through there on the smelt dipping episodes. Onenemesis
      Last edited by Huskee; May 25, 2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

So, where are you Michiganderiteanians? Seems like no one here wants to give up their general geographical location. I'll start, I am in Milan, south of A2. I am about 50 miles from Le detroit du Lac Erie.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Had some good friends that lived in Milan. They moved to KY.

I live in Farwell, small village straight west of Clare about 6 miles. Clare, middle knuckle on your hand, the home of Cops & Doughnuts and Jay's sporting goods (but you surely would rather visit Cabella's being so close). I work at the Clare hospital.

I am roughly 1:20 north of Lansing, 1:30-45 from Mackinaw, depending on how fast you drive.

I think I've shared everything I can share aside from pictures of my kids & wife.

Now where do you work?

Ann Arbor, an engineering firm.

Been to Clare and Jay's many times. Used to hunt in Kalkaska, my favorite route was 127-115-66. Liked to stop in St. Johns where the highway became a surface road, get some food. Almost bought a sporting goods store in Lake City about 20 years ago.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Been in that sporting goods store. Ice fished on that lake a few times. Kalkaska is beautiful in the fall. We drive through Kalkaska on our way to traverse City (wife & I's favorite city besides Mackinaw).

Huskee your friends pick the right state to move to...Kentucky 😊

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          KY and TN are gorgeous, I'll give you that. If I moved it'd probably be one of those. Or NC, David Parrish makes some great food and I haven't sampled any of it yet.

Huskee yeah I like N. Carolina too...any place from Kentucky on south I like. I'm pretty sure you know why. 😎

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          S N O W ?

I'm in Shelby Township, Michigan. It's next to Rochester/Rochester Hills. Hollar if you guys meetup and a girl can crash!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
          Powersmoke_80 commented
          Editing a comment
          mclifford973 I'm in Bay City, your lucky you have a Costco near you. we only have Sam's Club in Saginaw with Brisket flats for over $6/lb . My sister just moved from Macomb to Auburn hills and picked me up a couple of whole Briskets from Costco for $3.79/lb since she is coming up to visit dad for fathers day.

That's awesome..sounds like a good Father's Day.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          We should try to put a Michigan meet up together. Even if its at Costco for a hot dog.

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, Jon.

I live in South Lyon. It's about 20 miles north of Ann Arbor next to Brighton. Very close to the I-96 and US23 interchange.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here