Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPEN INVITATION SE Michigan (This just needs to get started)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    We love the South arm, John. With all of the monster boats and very little protection from the winds coming off Lake Michigan, the main body of the lake often gets REAL choppy. The South arm is calmer. Agreed about that area overall. It's a much under-rated and under-appreciated gem.

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    JeffJ I've spent a lot of my vacation life on the south arm. That area is a real gem for sure.

• richinlbrg
    replied
    Indeed and enjoyed the eats for a very long time! Came home with over 100# of salmon and Halibut.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Thats a good day anywhere!

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    replied
    Never tried ice fishing, but here was a good day in Alaska Click image for larger version

Name:	33.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	72767 ! The top right was a 13.55# Coho

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    Boyne City. On Lake Charlevoix.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Jeff, where's your "up north" place?. I'm NW of you guys about 2hrs.

• JeffJ
    replied
    We vacation "Up North" as much as we can during summer. My parents have a place.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    Based on your description you and I probably live within a half hour of each other. I am roughly in between Ann Arbor and Flint.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Jon this was very interesting to me. Since my experience with ice is in my cooler.

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I guess your boat insurance won't cover it either. LOL

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Right on Aron. I don't recommend driving on it at all. Thats what the sled and the Argo are for.
    Last years was a crazy ice year. I wanted to say I have done it at least once in my life.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; November 13, 2014, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    My dad would always wait until there was 24" before driving his truck out there. I surely wouldn't trust only 12" like the chart shows. FYI- your auto insurance is null & void on the frozen surface of public waters....

Leave a comment:

• Powersmoke_80
    replied
    Dude, nice set up! I definitely plan on ice fishing this year and will look you up. A bud at work is a fishing fool so I plan on going as much as I can with him.

Dean

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Great music too!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here