Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OKC Metro Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OKC Metro Meeting

Howdy Meathead Maniacs and Pit members!

I got to meet a Pit member from Baltimore last evening; he was in town on business. It was a great experience and I made a new friend.

This meeting got me thinking that here in the OKC Metro Area there must be a LOT of Pit members and that we should get together for a meeting. We could maybe even bring a friend and gift them a 90 day (I believe) free membership to The Pit.

SO what do you think. I'd like to find some place centrally located that could accommodate us. Let me know if you'd be interested here in this thread and I'll see what kind of deal we might be able to work with a local establishment. If you have a preference for that establishment, let me know that as well.

Let's get together and lets have some fun!

I think it is a great idea, but Dallas is too far for me to attend. However, maybe guys in Dallas would like the idea of a Dallas gathering.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea. Post it as a topic of its own titled Dallas Meetup? or something, so those who scan the channel can see Dallas.

• BigBear
      BigBear commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm down for a Dallas get together. Maybe at Pecan Lodge?

I agree, this would be awesome. As I said in another thread, I wish we could do a national meet up sometime. That would be a party. Can you imagine how good it would smell. I wish I lived closer to OKC. I would be there for sure. It would be an honor to meet you, CeramicChef and the rest of the great people here in the Pit. I mean we're basically like E-family anyway. Like I've said before........

Best Friends I've Never Met!!!

Comment

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker - the pleasure would be mutual! TheBeast wants to meet everyone here in OKC as well. He's a party animal!

Spinaker I think that the best strategy for that national gathering is to 1st cultivate area or regional gatherings. Once there are a half dozen of those going they can become the seedbed for a national gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
      Spinaker I think that the best strategy for that national gathering is to 1st cultivate area or regional gatherings. Once there are a half dozen of those going they can become the seedbed for a national gathering.
      Good call. I hear ya. Makes sense to me.

Comment

BigBear The beef ribs are awesome there. Count me in. Let's see if there is anymore interest, set a date with two weeks lead and see if we can't raise some more interest. What do you say? Sometime after Father's Day?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here