Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Brother From Another Mother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Brother From Another Mother!

Last evening, Thunder77 and I met up while he was in Norman, OK. What a great evening that was. It was like looking in a mirror. I swear he could have been my brother. So many things in common; he's just a great guy. Very solid man.

Just to prove my point, here is a picture of us outside the restaurant last evening. This is only the second "selfie" I've ever taken. Sorry for the picture quality, but those handsome mugs make up for a lot of poor lighting!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1308.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	178700

While I'm at it, all of us OKC Meathead Manics and Pit Members should try and get together here locally. Meeting with Joe last night was a blast and I think getting together occasionally would be a blast as well. I'll start thread down in the Member Gatherings area.

Thunder77 - You're a heckuva guy and it was my great pleasure getting to meet you and share a meal! As I told you, any time you're in the OKC Metro, let me know! Next time we'll grill some steaks on TheBeast!

Great picture! Definitely separated at birth.

Comment

I bet this was a blast! Someday we have to get a national meet up scheduled. Great picture. You guys do look like twins.

Comment

WOW! I cannot believe how similar you guys look in that pic.

Imma move this to member gatherings. Maybe it'll help get some more meetups going.

Comment

• CeramicChef
          CeramicChef commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish - I kinda thought that where it might go. I've already started the OKC Metro Meeting thread. I"d like to get something cranking here in OKC!

Yeah, we are separated at birth!!!

CeramicChef Thunder77
        What a nice photo! Sounds like the two of you had a wonderful time and that you discovered that meeting a like-minded someone and making a new friend was an extra perk in your Pit membership. This site just keeps on giving!

Kathryn
        Last edited by fzxdoc; June 10, 2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

That's great! That put a big smile on my face. For the record, who's who in that picture?

Comment

• CeramicChef
            CeramicChef commented
            Editing a comment
            JCBBQ - I'm the HANDSOME one! LOL!!

Awesome picture. Love the story here.

Comment

CeramicChef commented
            June 10th, 2016, 05:00 AM

I'm the HANDSOME one! LOL!!
            Ummmm.... πŸ˜‚

Comment

Nice pic CeramicChef my wife and I just left OKC after taking a break there for a couple of days.

Comment

• CeramicChef
                CeramicChef commented
                Editing a comment
                Next time you're in town send me a PM and we'll burn some meat!

My guess is CeramicChef is on the left and Thunder77 on the right ??

Comment

• CeramicChef
                CeramicChef commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll let Thunder77 solve that mystery! LOL!! But you're onto something there ....

I can't get over this picture...are either of you adopted???

Comment

• CeramicChef
                CeramicChef commented
                Editing a comment
                Neither of us is adopted.

That is freaking scary, I feel this thread should be locked!!!!!!

Never mind, y'all don't look like me.........carry on.

Comment

• CeramicChef
                CeramicChef commented
                Editing a comment
                Last I say this ... okay, I just can't resist!

And we don't want to look like you! Just kidding. But I do notice that you do keep the hair clipped short. Come on in, the water's fine. You do know that God made a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                "You do know that God made a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!"

I'm filing that away... I'm thinning a bit myself.πŸ˜†

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                CeramicChef I don't want to look like me neither, however plastic surgery prices have skyrocketed!!!

The Crome Dome brother's with matching glasses.πŸ€— It sounds like you guys had a great time. You'll become Pit brothers, thanks for setting an example for us all.πŸ‘

When will you be getting your DNA tested? Did you grow up in the same area? Maybe it was the milkman.πŸ˜†

Comment

• CeramicChef
                CeramicChef commented
                Editing a comment
                I was born in Wyoming and am about 4-5 years older. I grew up all over the Western US. No connections. We already went down this road last night. It's just God's Good Grace!

Everyone has a doppelgÀnger, or so it is said.

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just trying to be funny CeramicChef ... No offense intended Sir.πŸ‘Œ

We look a lot alike, and we both love barbecue! What's not to like? I'm the better looking one on the right, btw.😎😎😜 I met Ken at the restaurant, and I thought "Whoa! Did Mom and Dad not tell me about a long lost brother?" If you are ever in the OKC area, you must look up CeramicChef! He is just the nicest man you will ever meet, and a very gracious host.

Ken I had a fabulous time, and I am so grateful that The Pit and my work were able to bring us together. Cheers my friend!

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                BBQ is like music and the Olympics... They all bring people together.πŸ‘

• CeramicChef
                CeramicChef commented
                Editing a comment
                Joe - c'mon brother! You're ruining my reputation. Thanks for those kind words; believe me, the pleasure was all mine last evening.
                Guys, meeting Joe was an experience. He's a gentleman of the first magnitude and a helluva BBQ cook.
                Joe, we should write a cookbook! Safe home my good friend.

This is just so cool. We gotta make it to OKC some time.

Comment

• CeramicChef
                CeramicChef commented
                Editing a comment
                Mosca - you're always welcome at ChezChef!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here