Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an Amazing Ribs BBQ competition be put together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote Chicago July 4th next year -- that gives plenty of planning time. I'm with Meathead -- Let's have a fun cook! I don't want to embarrass all you BBQ guys by beating you.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a hollow threat! Not having a bang-up year in competition.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      🤔 boftx ... You might be right but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.😎

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      All you gotta do is ask me to cook chicken. The taste will be there, and meat will be done, but it won't be pretty, that's for sure!

I am in whether its a meet and share or a balls out competition.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      You and I can bake bread for the event too, if they have some Kamado's to bake in.👍
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 14, 2016, 08:35 AM.

Anyone try and transport a 1,000 pound 32' Big Bad Komodo Kamado? I'll do the heavy lifting and take on judging duties! And the short answer is that I CAN BE BOUGHT! I'm not cheap, just very reasonable!

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      What's it cost to rent a forklift.😆

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      For TheBeast, it's not about the forklift, that's minimal. It's the way he demands to travel ... padded walls, tie downs, handcuffs, leather straps, OMG! TheBeast is a smooth move operator!

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      The Beast sounds like the kinky type...😎

boftx Not to differ with you, but I think a general "meet up" is in order. That would be a great time. I would fly in somewhere to hit that up. I would imagine we would have a great time. There would be a fair amount of BS flying around.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh absolutely. Breadhead

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a FAIR amount of BS? Hell, I'll have whole list of things I've never done but can make you believe I did.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahahahaha ribeyeguy

Chicago - Kamado...I'm out

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Come on man... Surely there would be stick burners too.🤔

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
    huh...my ribs have been so bad this year that the dogs spits them out. 😩
    Zero of us think this is accurate! #HumbleHumbleHumble

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct! I did smoke a pork butt one time on an ECB (el cheapo brinkman) that my dog wouldn't eat. And my ribs are not my best, pork is!

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      lol - would be great video!

This sounds fun. Mrs and I might be able to do this, assuming everything goes well; we both have family in Chicago.

Comment

If I get a Beechcraft King Air 350i before next summer I'm in.

OK, a 350ER would do too.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; June 14, 2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Those suckers are work horses.

Hawker Beechcraft Beechcraft King Air 350i
      Private Turboprop-driven Propeller Plane
      Be the first to review
      Compared to the average Private Turboprop-driven Propeller Plane, the Hawker Beechcraft Beechcraft King Air 350i:
      Is $5,700,000 more expensive at $7.5 million
      Can fly 675 nautical miles farther at 1,806 nautical miles
      Can cruise 10,000 ft higher at 35,000 ft
      Can reach a 51 knot (59 mph) higher max. cruise speed at 263 knots (302 mph)
      Produces 1,425 more hp at 2,100 hp
      Is 7,671 lbs heavier at 15,000 lbs
      Seats 3 more passengers at 8 passengers
      Has a 0.30 ft taller cabin at 4.76 ft

Jerod Broussard .... You better start buying lottery tickets.😆

Comment

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        Breadhead - ifI still owned that King Air, I would. Alas, that plane was sold with the company! WAH! ;(

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm... You should have removed it from the list of assets during the transaction.😆 Having your own wings is sweet.👍

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Having a King Air would be the world over of sugar cane and sugar beet fields sweetness!

I would love an AmazingRibs meet up/conference type thing. Theres enough members that potentially will come that you should be able to get sponsors all over the place, not just Weber. I bet the accessory vendors would be all over this. High likelihood that lots of people would buy things like a thermapen while at the event.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you might have something there!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can give them a nice, captive audience of hardcore backyard BBQ'ers, they will show up with gear to sell AND pay sponsorships to support the event.

Trust me, I'm a vendor in my own industry.

Sounds like a fun get together. Count me in.

Comment

Rather than a competition, a get together. With vendors. Weber, KBQ, PBC, KK, BGE, Lang, Yoder, Thermoworks, Maverick, and whoever wants to come. Not everyone has to cook. I'd want to learn. And play with the charcoal and stick burners that I can't have. And convince you stick burners and charcoal guys that we can make great stuff with gas.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Gasser's produce good food! 225° is 225° no matter what cooker you use. Get some smoke on it and you're go to go.👍

if you do get one going think about the Periscope app for live viewing for us folks that cant really travel! heck do 4 or 5 or 6 simultaneously! That way we can put faces and voices with folks posts!! Still wouldn't get to taste every bodies Q but see how they get er done!!

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here