Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte, NC meetup August 9th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte, NC meetup August 9th!

Looking to get together to have some BBQ in Charlotte in April. We did Midwood Smokehouse last time, which was excellent. Anyone game?

@Pit boss
    @kurtkrum
    @jamhead
    @smokinsteve

These are who I have found that said they live in Charlotte. Anyone is welcome to join.

What do you say?

lol, did you see my shoutout for a charlotte lunch a few weeks ago? I thought you were ignoring me =(

Comment

No! My bad! I never saw it!! Let me go look for it! Sorrrrry!

Comment

Totally missed your other post. So, I'm definitely up for it. Will April work? Late March could work too.

Comment

Me too. Have a chef friend who like to join us. David Parrish you met him at a previous gathering and he wants ideas about best smoker for his application.

Comment

How about Wednesday, March 30th?

Comment

I'm on the road this week so not sure about my schedule but I think Tuesday 29th would work better for me. That work?

Comment

Sure. Let's try for 29th! I'll put it on my calendar.

Comment

David Parrish kurtkrum jamhead smokinsteve

I think we're all set for lunch on March 29th (next Tuesday). Let's plan for 11:30am because parking and seating gets limited if we push it to 12noon? Everyone "in"?

Do you want to do Midwood Smokehouse near Uptown like we did last time? Any other suggestions?

Comment

sooooo, I'm now out of town that day... can we do the following Tuesday? you guys can have one without me of course but I'd like to attend.

Comment

That works for me. Can you change the subject line to April 5th? Pit boss is too much of a legend to not have at a member meetup

Comment

Done. April 5th it is.

Comment

• DMac77
                          DMac77 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm late to the party again and would have loved to join in but work calls. Where are you planning to gather and what time?

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Midwood Smokehouse on April 5th. We usually try to meet around 11:30 or 11:45 because parking is scarce and gets full if you go too late.

Soooo....nobdoy wants to drive up to Michigan to meet ol' Huskee and Jon Solberg and Powersmoke_80 et al? Fine fine, stay down in Charlotte.....

Comment

• Thunder77
                          Thunder77 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I may be in Detroit area in June. How far away is that?

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thunder77 For me, Detroit is 2.5 to 3 hrs depending on traffic.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                        Soooo....nobdoy wants to drive up to Michigan to meet ol' Huskee and Jon Solberg and Powersmoke_80 et al? Fine fine, stay down in Charlotte.....
                        I'd do it. From me you're only 4 or 5 hours around the lake, 2 or 3 if I figure out a way to jet boat it straight across.

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          SS Badger. Although all said & done not sure it saves any time.

• ribeyeguy
                          ribeyeguy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I guess I'd drive. That way I could spend a day or two exploring beautiful Gary, Indiana.

One week away! Hungry for BBQ!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here