Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini Meatup Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Meatup Part 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	6644A8B1-01F4-4BEA-ADD9-6D0113FE626C.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	1371231 WayneT made another stop on his way north today. Wayne and I met for lunch at Smoke Creek, an area bbq joint more or less on his route. It was my first time there so a new experience for both of us.

The bbq was pretty good, not great. The pulled pork was the best of the lot on my sampler platter which also included chopped brisket, ham, turkey, and pulled chicken. My sides of mac &cheese and smoked beans were both ver good. Wayne had a bowl of brisket chili that he said was very good. BUT, as with his dinner during Mini Meatup part 1 last night, I forgot pics of the food. Too busy talking about this and that. 🙄. But here’s one of me and Wayne.

Had a great time Wayne! Looking forward to seeing you again in May at the NC Meatup.

Damn Wayne, you be gettin aroun’ there son! You be headin to Texas anytime soon? Great pic Jim!
    Last edited by Panhead John; February 2, 2023, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Texas isn’t on the route this trip but never say never.

Very cool
    social media (and I consider sites like this to be such) is at it's best when it helps to connect folks beyond the virtual environment..

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Very well said and I heartily concur.

It's the Wayne World Tour! Show us your tour coach!

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Will the picture of the Borax twenty mule team suffice?

So much fun seeing these!! Can't wait to meet you all!

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. This May will be an incredible face-to-face AR experience.

That’s awesome! WayneT if your travels home take you thru Omaha reach out and Ill jump in the truck!

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      I want to drive my current vehicle (2019 Acura RDX) to all 48 of the lower states so I’ll be coming your way at some time. Stay tuned.

More great stuff guys!

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Cue The Beach Boys singing I Get Around.

Yes, Pit folks, I had the great pleasure of meeting yet another of our AR community and Jfrosty27 is a great example of why I enjoy this place so much. When culinary and social skills coalesce, it’s a recipe for the healthy, constructive exchange of shared passions.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike Thanks for interpreting! Sometimes that WayneT feller is just a little too high falutin fer me.

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a buddy who's the king of comebacks like that and an expert at dry, wry humor.

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            The pleasure was mine as well Wayne! See you in May. 👍

WayneT it's nice you can travel around and meet all these people. I only get to meet with my parole officer. But, at least it's once a month.

Comment

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            Easy fix. I’ll gift your PO with an AR subscription.

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            WayneT She's a vegan.

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb I’ll introduce her to PotatoHead, MeatHead’s vegan counterpart.

Awesome!

Comment

WayneT glad to see that you are making rounds. Maybe we should make you the AR social director. Group what do ya think?

Comment

• WayneT
              WayneT commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, but I’m only a brand ambassador. It’s all the folks on here collectively that make it tick.

Looking good guys!

Comment

Beauteous

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here