Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yakima, WA meat up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakima, WA meat up

Looks like there are about 8 members in upper Yakima Valley.
    How about getting together? Here would be fine. I am near Fred Meyer.

Not sure how this works. Will see what happens.

Calling Panhead John for advice,

Comment

I might be up for that.

Comment

• yakima
        yakima commented
        Editing a comment
        Where are you, generally?

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost exactly near Mt Shasta, CA.

Yer out of the jurisdiction. And Panhead John aint even on same planet. I is trying to coexist in a state of political discrepancies.
      Don't get me in trouble with moderators.
      My substantive, nonpolitical question is, best way to alert local members to this post?

Comment

I think this post is a good way to get started! When do you envision this happening? There's a number of us on the other side of the mountains who might like to come to such an event, if the weather allows.

Comment

If you can coordinate a date, I can plan on it. Yakima is not that far for me and reasonably central to the Pacific Northwest. I used to spend a lot of time in the firing center, which is a whole different sort of “meet up”

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          CaptainMike I’m ALWAYS in the jurisdiction!

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Did a bit of military training in Yakima back in the '70s. Long ago and far away....

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          TripleB I spent time going to YFC in the 80's and 90's

yakima I would START by not excluding folks that want to come, even if across some imaginary line on a map. The fact is, while there may be 8 paying members of the Pitmaster club in your general area, odds are that only a couple of them, at MOST, are active in the club and will ever see an invitation from you on here. We have something like 18,000 or more members, and I doubt more than 2000 of them read or post to the forums on a regular basis.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sensing that he isn't looking for a 'meat' up like they've had in Texas and are planning for this spring in NC is it? I have the idea he's just looking for a few local folks to meet up for an afternoon, not some weekend extravaganza. And really, nothing wrong with that if that is what he's looking for. And true, odds are against him, but at least he is trying.

I am not sure what I am looking for. Initially thinking small and close, 2 or 3 guys and families on my deck. Certainly not excluding any interested parties.

Washington mountain passes can be problematic, so a larger gathering may be better in March or later. Perhaps tied in with a park, for RVs.

Comment

Here's a crazy idea, perhaps this channel needs to be broken into sub-channels.

1. Organised Meat Ups- These are the ones like have been held in Texas and upcoming in NC. Planned event, attractions or things to do, easy access for those traveling in from afar.

2. Local Meat Ups- Where someone can put out feelers to see if any local folks want to meet up for a backyard barbecue, or at a local restaurant.

3. 'Passing through' Meat Ups- Where someone can post travel plans and meet with members along the way. For example, "I'm traveling to San Francisco, CA from Okanogan, WA via Highway 97 and I-5. on April 1st" Then members like yakima and CaptainMike could respond with, "Too bad it isn't someone else and we could meet up. But since it is you, just keep on truckin'!"​

But that is way above my pay grade. Something for Meathead or Huskee to consider. Or Panhead John when he becomes a moderator, in which case I'll never know as the first thing he'd do is ban me from the fourm.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for making more work for me. You're thiiiiiiiiiis close now.....

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee More work means more money. Got the picture? ;-)

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb This is like farming, more work time doesn't mean more pay.

The "passing thru" variation could be patterned on harvesthosts.com, which charges a modest annual fee and posts places where you can stay overnite. Farms, wineries, etc.

Comment

We will kill the "official" channel. I doubt we will attempt a big meat-up again. WAY outside our area of expertise, very expensive, and external events like COVID are beyond our control and as you know I am a control freak. Not to mention that we took a bath on Memphis.

I have asked Huskee to look into the other proposals.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              The worst timing, literally, in decades. If not for world events it would've been just fine.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              I can only imagine the amount of preparation that had to go into trying to organize that, with so many people and planned events etc. Must have been a nightmare. It really was a shame it couldn’t happen.

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m disappointed, but I also agree that it just isn’t practical. I would have loved to go to the one in The Bahamas, but I was working at the time and it was too close to the end of the month.

The Official AmazingRibs.com Meat-Ups channel has been deleted. If ever we cross that bridge again we'll reinstate it.

For now- whether you're 'just passing through', or want to get a group to meet at the local BBQ joint, or on your back deck, or plan a more structured Meat-Up, please use this channel and title your post appropriately descriptive and all should be good.

Comment

I’d come to Yakima for a meet up

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here