Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring 2023 North Carolina Amazing Ribs Pitmaster Club Meat-Up Page

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try to be there for dinner on Friday night!!!

Comment

• Clawbear57
      Clawbear57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great.

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      WayneT just confirming you have me down for Friday dinner!

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      scottranda Good catch. I do now.

What coinky-dink that the Carolina BBQ Festival is on May 7th 2023...

Pit masters from all over the Carolinas are teaming up to showcase each of the three regions that make up Carolina BBQ. The festival will be complete with live music, vendors, a beer garden, cocktail lounge, and more. Find us at Camp North End. Charlotte, NC. May 22nd. 2022

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, and a little more than an hour drive from W-S. Collette flies home that day, but I'm likely going to drop her off at the AP and head down for this.
      Last edited by CaptainMike; January 31, 2023, 06:26 PM.

WayneT put me and my best gal on the gonna try list. I have some work stuff to work around but let’s call it 75% at this point.
    I’ll know more in a couple weeks.

Comment

• Clawbear57
      Clawbear57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok CH I'm waiting to put a face to those plates you been putting out😎.

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Good times!!

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s outstanding news Clay. We need someone from America’s heartland and Nebraska fills that need. Let me know if there’s any special arm-twisting I need to apply to get you to 100%. 😉🤣

Ok, so now that I (knock on wood) am driving up something a little more reasonable than my car, I plan on bringing the PKGO and I'll see if I can snag some extra foldy chairs (especially for those flying in). We'll see how long we can drink and cook and whatever else in the parking lot of the hotel until they shut us down

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Kick save and a bute...

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure I can rustle up some chairs also, folding or otherwise.

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll add my van and GMG Trek to the party-in-the-parking-lot mix! It's a good hang out spot with the awning out. I've got extra chairs, but I don't want to take them home!

Just confirming with CHNeal and troymeister that you have both been slotted into the Interested/Tentative column for this soirée. Also, I will assume you will each bring your spouse. Consequently, be aware there are only 5 seats left at the Friday night dinner so, as soon as you get confirmed/booked, please let me know if you will be attending that dinner.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Word on the street is CHNeal will be bringing beans for his chili. 🥸

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      I really gotta find these streets you get the word from...

So I can post them on Google maps as places to avoid.
      I hope none of them are around here!

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John what is your point? Is there any other way?

WayneT
    Unfortunately, I have to announce that I cannot participate, due to commitments at work and some military activities.
    But I monitor the threads here on the forum, so if suddenly a confused Norwegian appears, wondering where the barbecue party is... just take good care of him..

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang, Elton, I was really counting on you to make it across the pond and turn this into an international event. Any Norwegian who shows up here in May, confused or not, will be afforded the courtesy and hospitality befitting his/her length of travel and sent home with fond memories. Stay strong over there, brother!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll make sure to have a stash of Akvavit on hand for just such an emergency!

Greetings WayneT, I hope all is well! Please add a +1 for attendance, my sweetheart will join in the festivities! Also add us for dinner Friday night.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful!!!

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Done! Great news.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it. Maybe next time.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Unacceptable.

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that, David. You will be missed. Next time?

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Great new avatar, CaptainMike

Here's some places of interest in Winston-Salem: https://gardenandgun.com/feature/a-g...tY585lId9pkXaY

Comment

I’m officially booked for Thursday through Sunday nights. Looking forward to it!

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Couldja bring a couple deep dish pizzas with ya?

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB Absolutely!

• Clawbear57
        Clawbear57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man it's about time. Waiting to meet you also.

WayneT Last I heard there were only 3 seats available for the Friday night dinner, is that still accurate? And our reservation, is it from 6:30 - 8:30? [clever ploy to bump thread]

Comment

Thanks for cleverly bumping this important topic, Panhead John , my illustrious co-conspirator. Your math skills are spot on but allow me to give you some remedial training in time keeping.

There are, in fact, only 3 of 24 seats remaining for the Village Tavern Friday night dinner. The reservation is from 6:00-8:00 pm. The BYOB Happy Hour at the Hampton precedes this meal and is from 4:00-5:30 pm.

I will be going back through this entire topic soon and finding the names of all you fence sitters or other interested parties who haven’t joined us yet. Afterwards, I’ll post again tagging each of you to put up, show up or shut up! Y’all know who you are. Don’t make me send PJ to twist your arm or cut your internet off. He is highly skilled in the marshmallow arts.

The winter doldrums have ended early here in NC with daytime temps already in the 50-70 degree range. Spring in piedmont NC is something to behold so don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy beautiful scenery and the company of your fellow Pitmasters and Pitmistresses. Also, remember that this is the First Annual Spring NC Meat-Up so come make history while solidifying those virtual friendships.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Counting down the days.....

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Wayne, I screwed up the hours intentionally, to give you more stuff to post…🥸

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Panhead John, but I don't need a reason to post more stuff or be wordy, it's in my DNA.

OK you fence-sitters and professional procrastinators, Ima callin' you out! In some of my gentle, nudging, comments below, I may have made references to some of your former posts on this topic so if it sounds non-sequitur, just refer back. My editorial license expired a few days ago so I promise it's all legit. If you decide to make your commitment and want to attend the Friday night dinner, please let me know ASAP by posting here because there are only 3 seats remaining.

In addition to callin' out the iffy folks, I would really appreciate it if everyone would review the OP once more to make absolutely sure I have your names, with +1, if appropriate, listed properly.​ Don't forget to check the attendance roster as well as the Friday night dinner roster.

willxfmr You've a story to tell us about Moravian light fixtures I believe, so you better get booked.

jeremiah_h Are you running up here to meet a group of complete strangers so you can have difficulties?

jfmorris I was at the Andy Griffith museum last weekend and put your name of the guest register post-dated 3/6/2023. Also, plenty of other spouses coming so bring yours.

Huskee I know you're booked but are you committed, along with your spouse?

mcook2201 Got that RV site at Tanglewood booked?

Hulagn1971 Did your frat brothers give you permission to leave early and come join us?

MBMorgan You posted a very nebulous "...but if it does..." kind of commitment a while back. Be smart, bring your wife and fifth wheel along!

CHNeal How's that 75% commitment going, Clay? Moving toward 100%?

LA Pork Butt Go big or go home! Big is NC in May. Home is... well, home.

grantgallagher Got some good news for us brother?
        Last edited by WayneT; March 4, 2023, 01:21 PM. Reason: Add hyperlink to OP

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          For me things have taken an unfortunate turn toward NOT making it. I don't know 100% yet though, but I should know in a month. I'm now 75% no, 25% yes, 3% maybe, 86% I want free beer, 8% not good at math.

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, but I'm a 100% "not this year".

At this point we are going to be home going as big as we can here.

Comment

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that but you'll be in our hearts and minds.

WHO is ready for the NC meat-up? Hit the like button if you coming.

Comment

• Clawbear57
          Clawbear57 commented
          Editing a comment
          Better than great news😷😷😷!!!

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Mosca That’s great news. Med up and come on down. Better living through chemicals.

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I can relax some now. I wasn’t really worried, but thinking everything is okay isn’t the same as knowing everything is okay. I got The Meetup, then a wedding a few weeks later, and then we’re going to Vegas right after that. Now we can finalize a bunch of stuff.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here