Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Fall 22’ Texas MeatUp- Blanco, Tx. Accept No Imitations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the brisket was excellent and the jalapeño cheese sausage was good. This is weird for a Texas BBQ joint, but I give a very slight edge up for the spare rib over the brisket. I would do the same for the Old 300 we ate at yesterday, but the Burnt Bean was significantly better. The pickled onions were a nice touch at the Old 300.
    Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes my mouth water, Sunny.

As Panhead John mentioned, we waited about an hour to get into the restaurant. He happened to be near the front of our group (anyone surprised?) and instead of welcoming us into the place, this is what we got:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221015_113404.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	1309306

Comment

I drove down from TN, in part to visit some friends in Shreveport, but really so I could bring a cooler and visit the famous HEB. So after that excellent meal, we made the stop. I was impressed. I resisted the waygu brisket (at least for now, I have to pass a couple of them on my way home), but I did pick up a few items. Dino beef ribs, a prime tri tip, a couple t bones, a prime chuck, and some shorty beef ribs. And of course, since I was with a bunch of enablers, I got a bottle of a local cabernet, some BBQ Sauce, and some rub. The 2 gringos rub is actually courtesy of TxF and his lovely bride.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20221015_125808.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1309310 Click image for larger version  Name:	20221015_182457.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	1309311
      Last edited by klflowers; October 17, 2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        LA Pork Butt oops. And I hadn't even started drinking yet. TxF I apologize, I corrected it and thanks again!

• TxF
        TxF commented
        Editing a comment
        You’ll have to discuss that with Julia if you make it back this way.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        TxF tell her I'll bring her a bottle of Prosecco to atone for my sins

We are sitting out on the big deck enjoying the evening. Most of us are still full and have leftovers from lunch and last night's dinner but some are ordering pizza from a local pizza joint. I cooked up the last of the brisket boudin that I made in July, l will let the others post their critique.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20221015_184237.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.11 MB ID:	1309322

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        This was great stuff. I wouldn’t change anything in the flavor profile. It was super. The only thing I could suggest would be maybe a little more rice to make it firmer like traditional Boudin. But, trust me if you don’t change anything and I’ll still be in line for some. I was trying to exercise restraint last night so others could have some.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        LA Pork Butt - I knew you really liked it when you tripped me when I said I was going to get another piece.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        This was some excellent stuff right here

So what time is the pillow fight?

Comment

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        And, didn't I hear something about night gowns?

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        WayneT not night gowns, teddys

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        Teddys, eh? No pix, it didn't happen!

Me before the pillow fight. I didn't get much sun so I look a little pale, but my bod speaks for itself
      Click image for larger version  Name:	714OJ3R5hsL._AC_UY1000_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	1309441

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike you got a minute?

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        And I can NEVER unsee that!

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice tats!

Sunny aka..[LAPorkButt] and his wife Irene were finalists in tonight’s pillow fights. Sunny lost by a hair, word on the street is he’s demanding a rematch.

Name:	0DCE2A31-8DC5-4D10-B588-506D6E03D333.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1309444

Comment

It was a pretty brutal battle between Sunny and Irene. I couldn't watch

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          It was like Tyson vs Holyfield!

Recently RonB made a cutting board he posted about. He mentioned to me that he had enough wood left over to make a little bit smaller one, in addition to the one he posted here recently. A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to snag the smaller one, which is a perfect size for my kitchen. I paid him for it and he brought it to the MeatUp Friday. The pics don’t do it much justice, better appreciated in person. This is probably the finest looking board I’ve ever seen!

Click image for larger version  Name:	BC8301B2-FFCB-4110-B2F4-57570F9268C9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	1309632 Click image for larger version  Name:	85825BCC-1428-40C0-A0DE-07CCEBE71CBF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	1309633 Click image for larger version  Name:	A2E156AF-1CE6-461F-9CE8-7AF0EE766B43.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	1309634
        Last edited by Panhead John; October 16, 2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s positively gorgeous.

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I think John threw in some other stuff, probably some of those bootleg plates. I offered RonB significantly more dollars and he wouldn't take the cash. Or maybe he just is honorable and stuck with the original deal??? Nah

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG! That's gorgeous wood. Keepsake!!

With photography as a hobby for many years, you would think that I took lots of great photos. You would be wrong. I did manage to get three.

A sunset to prove I was there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221014_191538[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	1309623

John being, well, John.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221015_113412[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	1309624

Lunch at the BB:
        Brisket sandwich which I think was the cheapest way to get brisket. The meat was moist, tender, and flavorful - high on my list of favorite briskets.
        Two pork rib bones. These were great - I loved the flavor and they had just a slight amount of tug.
        Bacon ranch potatoes (I did not see any bacon in mine, but it was still very good.)
        Southern style green beans (Different than what I grew up eating, but still very good too.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221015_120603[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.88 MB ID:	1309625

Comment

None of the other pics really show how hard Panhead John tried to hoard the BBQ with his face pressed against the door.but we could not be stopped.

Name:	E8E1135C-1B1E-4FF9-95F0-578F6EDD2598.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	1309639

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya gotta be careful postin' photos of John that are so clear. Remember that some might be lookin' at this just before a meal.

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            He definitely has a good face for radio...

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            A lampshade with an ocean scene to go with the pineapple shirt.

Well, it looks like you all had a good time, and I’m glad to see it.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Donw We did have a great time as usual, thanks to the type of people our members are, kind, generous and very amusing! If you get a chance to go to one, highly recommended! Maybe you could hit WayneT ‘s spring MeatUp if it was to work out for you? I have no doubt he’ll be able to pull off a Carolina MeatUp.

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            The county judge in my NC home county banned me from North Carolina when I was younger. I know the judge is now long passed on but I’m afraid that order might still be standing.

To this day I still don’t know why the judge, who just happened to be my dad, made it a lifetime ban.☹️

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            Donw LMAO!

I want to thank Panhead John again for putting this thing together. I enjoyed myself. And for the record, I made it out of the state without hitting another HEB
          Last edited by klflowers; October 17, 2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

One more evaluation of a quality side from the Burnt Bean is one of my personal favorites. Carrot cake! I've had carrot cake produced by expert bakers from around the country and this one is in my top two. Texture, taste, moist, creamy.................spectacular!!

Comment

TxF as partial restitution for my earlier error, share this recipe with Julia for me please https://amandascookin.com/prosecco-vodka-grapes/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here