Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craft of Q - Tulsa Oklahoma Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craft of Q - Tulsa Oklahoma Fundraiser

Hey All!

I wanted to just put this out there. Im currently the President of the Rotary Club of Jenks Oklahoma. Its a suburb of Tulsa.

We're setting up to do a fundraiser later this year that will be a tasters-choice BBQ cook-off in association with Burn Co. restaurant, and an SCA sanctioned Steak Cook-Off.

We just got our dates reserved for Saturday/Sunday Sept 24th. For those familiar with the area, we will be setting up on the Jenks Riverwalk.

I wanted to see if anybody here has competed in an SCA event. I could all the help and suggestions from y'all on this. What did you like? What didn't you like? Are there things we should do/avoid?

Never competed. I might be interested in coming, heck, might even compete, who knows?

Comment

Yes, I'm a SCA lifer. Haven't competed in a couple of years though. I was speaking to a former SCA board member last weekend and there's rumors of cheating going on. As an organizer, you should actively seek a meat sponsor to provide the rib eye steaks for the cooks. Each cook gets 2 steaks and the rules state that those steaks are what's to be turned in. Bringing in steaks from outside constitutes cheating. If you have any questions, let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by CandySueQ View Post
        ... Bringing in steaks from outside constitutes cheating.
        That is of course for such sanctioned competitions. When competing in the "who makes the best steaks, me or my loudmouth brother-in-law?" competition it is perfectly all right to slip in a dry aged Wagyu A5 to compete against his Kroger choice on sale steak.

Comment

CandySueQ Thanks for the advice. We are working to get the steaks donated and per the rules, they should all be 1-1/8" thick choice ribeye or better grade. I would not have thought to check the coolers of the contestants though.

DogFaced PonySoldier Where are you located in NE Oklahoma? It'd be great if you could come down for it. I'll be sure to post details/flier later once that's ironed out and set.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in Bartlesville. I don't have a cooker I could bring, though, so I'd need to buy something I could transport to compete with. Not sure if I'll bother to that degree, but it might be good to come see.

Will do my best to get up that way, brother

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here