Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roster - Texas MeatUp Fall 2022 in Blanco, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I’m gonna have to miss this one. Sooners have a game in Norman that Saturday. Speaking of which, the ‘whorns have Iowa State in town that day, so there’ll be an extra 100K folks in Austin, lots of whom will be crowding the barbecue joints. I’ll see y’all in the spring. Have fun.

Comment

Guess what just hit the fan ... my trip to Blanco.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        You need a new fan.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        3 in a row……

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Whoever said that "consistency is a good thing" never saw my golf swing ... or my so-called "schedule". I don't know why I even try ...

Phil man, there will be 2

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome aboard!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright Phil! Welcome aboard, we look forward to meeting y’all.

I plan on attending. I may have a plus one, but still trying to get that nailed down.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Good deal, look forward to meeting ya!

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to The Pit.

Did you get the Meat-up info from our Son Logan?

I just added Thursday night to my reservation so I will be there sometime Thursday afternoon

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, ok, ok RonB if you insist, but only cause we’re friends.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, Panhead John, my comment was directed to klflowers , but I can use all the help I can get.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB be my pleasure

You might as well remove my name from the list, David.

Comment

Alrighty then, we're just a few days away. How about clarifying what the plan for Friday night meal is again so we'll all be on the same page and can prepare accordingly.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure thing Bob. I’m gonna be tied up for a few hours but I’ll be back to help with a few suggestions.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Fun and games again Panhead John ?

Uncle Bob and everyone else attending the MeatUp. 58limited is gonna be there Wednesday and I’ll be there Thursday. Maybe David and I can scout out, or ask the front desk, for a few restaurants in Blanco before Friday. Then we could all have dinner together at a local restaurant Friday night. I don’t think anyones’ gonna feel like driving too far, after arriving in Blanco that same day. While there we could discuss our plans for Saturday BBQ. What do y’all think?

Also, besides 58limited klflowers and myself, ANYONE ELSE COMING IN WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY?

AND REMEMBER EVERYONE….WE’RE HAVING HAPPY HOUR FRIDAY ON THE HOTEL DECK FROM 5-7
        Last edited by Panhead John; October 9, 2022, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Not all of us are going to be happy....

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          It sucks you can’t make it Mike….😢

We will be there Friday morning in time to leave for lunch wherever that will be. 3 nights in Blanco seemed like to much since it’s only 45 mins away.

Comment

I just spoke with the Blanco County Inn where we’ll be staying. If anyone wants to check in earlier than the standard 3:00 check in, call them the morning of your check in and they’ll be happy to let you, if your room wasn’t rented the night before. Also I was told that each room door has a keypad. If you enter the last 4 digits of your phone number you gave them when booking, that will let you in your room, no need to check in with the front desk. I was told someone is always on property from 8am to 5pm.

I’m really looking forward to this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
            I was told someone is always on property from 8am to 5pm.
            So we’re unsupervised from Happy hour until sunrise. What could go wrong?

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              😂😂😂

Comment

For historic purposes, I compiled a few videos from our previous MeatUps.

Last edited by Panhead John; October 11, 2022, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't know you had so many disguises...

There are (when I was last there) two restaurants on the town square, the Old 300 bbq place and the Redbud Cafe. Just south of town is the Chess Club dinner—good breakfast but crowded. Josie’s Cafe (untried by me) is on Main St. That’s about it as of my last visit there, unless you count Dairy Queen🙄.

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                I checked on yelp, and it only listed 1 restaurant in Blanco.

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                My map shows the Ranch Smokehouse Deli, Laredo Taco Company, Blanco Ice House, Uptown Blanco Restaurant in addition to Texas Larry references.

• Texas Larry
                Texas Larry commented
                Editing a comment
                LA Pork Butt that Laredo Taco Company is a gas station joint. We’ve enjoyed the Old 300 place several times. Reasonably good.

On the Blanco County Inn’s website. Here is a list of all or most the local restaurants. Click on the name and it will tell you about the restaurant. The Old 300 BBQ joint is supposed to be very good! I was actually talking to a customer service rep from SVS Subwoofers yesterday and we got on the subject of BBQ. He’d actually eaten there and highly recommended it! Small world…….

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                After clicking on the link and reading the list, for a town of less than 2,000 nobody cooks at home.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here