Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roster - Texas MeatUp Fall 2022 in Blanco, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roster - Texas MeatUp Fall 2022 in Blanco, Texas

Here is the roster (so far) for the Texas Fall 2022 MeatUp in Blanco, Texas October 13-16, 2022. I'm excited about this one: new location in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Blanco is about 45 - 60 minutes from Austin (although further from the airport), about 45 minutes from San Antonio (recommendation for out of staters: fly into San Antonio, Blanco is a straight shot up Hwy 281 from the airport), and about 45 minutes from Fredericksburg.

There are several BBQ joints in the area as well including one in Blanco: Old 300 BBQ. Blanco also has a brewery and distillery plus that region is wine country in Texas. Fifteen minutes north is Johnson City, the LBJ ranch is nearby. Also nearby is a very scenic drive outside of Wimberly called The Devil's Backbone. Luckenbach is nearby and usually has something going on Saturday evenings although this will be the off season so maybe not.

A few of us are arriving on Wednesday the 12th and a few more on Thursday. We are tentatively planning a day trip to Fredericksburg on Friday but all plans are up in the air.

Here is the original post about the MeatUP with a link for lodging: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rrowly-averted

Members Attending: Please let me know how many are coming with you.

Panhead John

58limited

Uncle Bob +1

LA Pork Butt +1

klflowers

Texas Larry +1

RonB

TxF +1

BFlynn +1

philman +1

Deitiker +1 (?)

Last edited by 58limited; October 11, 2022, 06:46 PM.

I’ll be flying solo.

Comment

I know it’s hard to believe, but I’ll be solo as well…
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 29, 2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it’s time for PJ to join the rest of the world here in the 21st century … and get himself one of those new fangled run-flat models.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Leaving Inflatable Flo at home?
        Last edited by bbqLuv; July 25, 2022, 05:34 AM.

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        MBMorgan
        Aren't those called Hummers?

58limited add a + 1 for me.

Comment

I'm ready and I hope to be there in time to visit F'burg. CaptainMike - are you up for a tour of the WWII Museum?

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          LA Pork Butt my priority is the Nimitz home/museum. I have read quite a bit about him and he was a fascinating man. I gleaned a lot about leadership from reading biographies about him and George Patton.

• Texas Larry
          Texas Larry commented
          Editing a comment
          RonB and CaptainMike, the Nimitz museum is well worth the time. And it will take some time as the exhibits are on several floors and wartime displays cover a couple of blocks.

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          My bride is a military brat, and I'm a history nut/vet, so a Saturday visit could make for a good sized group.

I'm driving the southern route to Blanco and taking a northern route back if anyone needs a lift. I should have new pickup by then and that's a great way to break it in.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          When you get there, I got dibs on shotgun!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta honor first dibs, but you can only call dibs by being the first to touch the passenger side door handle. Rule are rules.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain’t never heard of that durn rule. ‘Round these parts, don’t much matter where ya are when you call it. Hope a drunken brawl don’t break out…..🥸

58limited Renee will be joining us this time as well. So add one more. Thx.

Comment

Just me. I may try to get there Thursday, not sure yet.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same thing….Bring a few crew members Kevin. There’s still 3 rooms left.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Uncle Bob Panhead John one of my cousins lives on Houston and I mentioned it to him. He might show up. I'll ask around with the other guys.

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            klflowers that would be awesome!

klflowers Just in case they can make it, here’s the 3 rooms left and a link to book.

https://blancocountyinn.client.innro...Source%22:0%7D

Click image for larger version

Name:	834A798C-CE62-4149-8E64-B56EAD3A8AEC.png
Views:	508
Size:	560.5 KB
ID:	1228879

Comment

As of right now, I’m +1

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Alright! I’ll be sure and bring extra Coors Light for Stacy.

Count me in and a plus 1

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! I'll add you when I get home.

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              BFlynn What days?

Pencil me in for Fri- Sun.

We'll have a well drilling then, so I won't be for sure the start of October what my schedule is

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              BFlynn Great, glad you’ll be joining us. Have you booked a room yet? The reason I ask is I went to their website and it’s still showing 3 rooms left. It’s been showing 3 rooms left for several weeks now.

Hey guys, I was just wondering who all is gonna be coming in on Wednesday 10/12 for the Fall MeatUp? I’m booked for Thursday thru Sunday right now, but I’m seriously considering coming in Wednesday myself. Since we’ll be in the Hill Country, I’m thinking about staying longer. There’s so much to see and do out there, I might just make this a little vacation for myself.

Comment

Life takes unexpected twists and turns …. And mine went a bit sideways. I won’t be able to make the Fall Texas Meatup damnit.

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang! Sorry to hear that.

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                So I have to bring my own cigars now? Not cool, man. I hope all is well with you guys, we'll catch you on another one.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear Eric. We’ll all raise a toast one night [or 3] in your honor. We’ll be drinking anyway, so not that big a deal. 😂

Well dang, Eric. I missed the last one and was hoping to see you again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here