Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Edition….Texas MeatUp 2022 Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like y’all are off to a good start! Be good, and if you can’t be good, be effective!!

Comment

I had to defend my title last night for the Friday Night Pillow fights….I knocked 58 right on his bohunkass!

58 limited falling over from a vicious whack of my pillow! (or was it from the Buffalo Trace?)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	7696A093-990D-4BAE-98D8-AA58FB06E417.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	1211353
      No one will confuse my photography skills with Troutman

Last edited by Panhead John; April 23, 2022, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Before the pillow fights we had dinner at a place in town called The Piano Bar Steakhouse. The evening called for full adult supervision, but of course none were present. We had a great time last night, good food and lots of laughter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EB0C49AA-7825-4C31-A1DE-C4B681C77537.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	1211358

Click image for larger version  Name:	D8C080A4-D27C-4986-87A2-BB11D5055E0B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	1211359
        In no particular order we had Uncle Bob with his wife Lee, Sunny (LA Pork Butt) and wife Irene, txf (Don) and wife Julia, Loren and his buddy Brian, 58 limited (David), Troutman (Steve) and myself.

Last edited by Panhead John; April 23, 2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

The camaraderie among the group is second to none!

Click image for larger version

Name:	527A23D3-212C-497D-B3D8-181FCF01A085.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	1211361

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            The king and his court with his reign in doubt!

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            More like the court jester, Sunny!!

Julia and Don recommended a place for lunch today in Bryan/College Station. It was only about a 45 minute drive for us from The Rainbow. Most of us hadn’t heard of it before but it recently made Texas Monthly’s top 50 list. It was a nice scenic drive which made the trip more enjoyable. The place is called 1775 Texas Pit BBQ.

Name:	057D131A-8AEB-443D-B7E5-F9C0316AA111.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	1211369

After about a 15-20 minute wait we made our way to place our orders.

Name:	A879BD7E-79D6-47E2-8D5E-9BF711028DCE.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1211371 Click image for larger version

Name:	EEFB9F76-1195-49A1-87E9-EC2DB6FE266B.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1211372

This is just their "backup smoker"…..🙄 Click image for larger version

Name:	F9361FF1-E4AE-4DA0-BD26-FB23D52EDEB6.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	1211373

Everyone agreed, this place was a hit! Everything we had was fantastic and even the sides rated from pretty good to excellent. I ordered a combination pulled pork and sausage sandwich with a side of corn casserole. The sandwiches were huge as I was barely able to finish it. The pork was a delicious all beef cheese and jalapeño style. And I can’t rave enough about their house made BBQ Sauce, everyone agreed it was some of the best we’ve had. I liked it so much I bought some to bring home with me. I chatted briefly with the owners, who are brothers, and along with one of their wives run the place. They were very friendly and actually apologized for not being able to come tableside and chat with us. Uuh, no problem, I think he was a little busy…..

Sampler Platter that Don and Julia shared

Name:	465D66B9-5F4B-44D4-AD2A-566C7B6DAFE3.jpeg
Views:	198
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1211374

I’m sure Troutman will be along soon with even better pics and editorial.
          Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            That food looks amazing

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            It was JC! You’ll hear some thoughts from the others later as well. I had a bite of Julia’s turkey…..even that was heavenly..moist, smoky and tender!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            So Panhead John (aka Mr. Impatient) waits for me to do a write-up by doing a pre-write up. Okay. I got nothing left to say other than the 'cue was excellent.

Looks like a blast!

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            They always are brother! Sure wish you could make one, we’d love to hang with ya. We even had a few heavy hitters from The Pit in attendance.
            Last edited by Panhead John; April 23, 2022, 03:26 PM.

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John LOL

I know a few people here kid me about the beer I drink, but once they actually tasted the Coors Light, they became believers. Everyone was commenting about how much they liked it, and most said they will start drinking it from here on out…🙄 In fact, Uncle Bob actually went to the liquor store around the corner and bought him a 12 pack.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7130CAFE-0449-4411-8C39-CFC83FAE4417.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.36 MB ID:	1211446

UNCLE BOB AT THE LIQUOR STORE BUYING COORS LIGHT
          Click image for larger version  Name:	AFA6A342-9348-432C-98D5-E84B4B1FD77A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.77 MB ID:	1211447
          Last edited by Panhead John; April 24, 2022, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Clark
            Clark commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John Does Lance Armstrong now live in Texas?

• Soonerpop
            Soonerpop commented
            Editing a comment
            To be clear, I wasn’t kidding. It’s not real beer.

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            what y'all drop, purple dot, orange owsley?

Some of the finest humans I know right there.

Comment

What? No more pics??

Comment

• DTro
            DTro commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes one assume the pics are NSFW😀

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            To be fair, if everyone is passed out, should we really expect more pics?

You ask, I deliver……

Name:	4A350B12-EF01-4C47-BF70-47574147309E.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1211743

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Man down!! Man down!!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here