Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone interested in a mini meat up in central VA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone interested in a mini meat up in central VA?

I met DavidNorcross for lunch today to deliver the cutting board he won in the drawing of those interested in the board. We had a great time and we both had planned on asking the other if we should do a meat up. We decided meating for lunch or supper one day in central VA would be the best idea to start.

If you would be interested in doing that, please post here. Let us know what works best for you - lunch or supper and week day or week end. Suggestions on where to meet would also be appreciated.

I was thinking ZZQ in Richmond, but they close when they sell out, so we can't plan on supper. Week ends are always crowded, so that's iffy, but probably doable. I called them and they said lunch during the week should not be a problem, but that might be a problem for those still working.

Count me in!

Comment

Sounds like fun, but I don't think I can make this one, though.

Comment

If their food tastes half as good as it looks on their website, you picked a winner! Great reviews too.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          The owners took their entire crew to TX for two weeks of training at various BBQ joints before they opened.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          That shows what commitment they have to insuring a successful restaurant. Kudos to them.

I'm interested. I am still working but with advance knowledge would love to join.

Hello.... Mudkat

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Will there be a door prize? Like a nice cutting board?

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          HawkerXP - Yes - there will be a door prize, and it's your turn to supply it.

• DavidNorcross
          DavidNorcross commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here HawkerXP as long as I know in advance, I am good to go.

clb239

Comment

If anyone is interested, ya don't have to be from VA. And if you can think of somone we have missed, please tag 'em.

scottranda

Donw

Anyone else?

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m definitely interested but it may take a Herculean effort to get there. But I will stalk this post to see when it is!! I miss Richmond so much!!!

From where we live we would need go south through the Virginia Beach area, or west around the D.C area to get there and it would be a minimum 5 hour trip one way to the Richmond area.

Comment

I am in...I love some ZZQ (my wallet does not feel the same way though)

Comment

Hmm. I’m on the fence on this one. Long drive to go to a restaurant. But to see some friends and meet some new ones? Hmmmm. I’m on the fence on this one…

Now if it was a camping cookout I’d supply the door prize! 😀

Comment

OK folks. Do ya wanna try this before or after Christmas? Let's settle on that much and then we can get more specific.

DavidNorcross
                HawkerXP
                clb239

And for those on the fence, (at least a little... )

Mudkat
                Donw

Comment

• clb239
                  clb239 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  RonB I am good trying to fit it in before Christmas.

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am in Gasburg for the next week. This is a little closer then the house up north. ???

Having been to the first and second "Texas Meat Up" making it an overnight event contributes to the fun.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Friday Night pillow fights are worth it alone!

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And the dance off!

I have had a response that one person is very busy at work now and Dec or Jan would be better.

A weekday would be less crowded, but a weekend could work if we get there early. Be prepared for a line though.

Comment

Any thoughts on setting a date for this...I have heard the owners in the past (pre-COVID) that the best time to come was mid-afternoon on Friday...the lines aren't usually too bad and they usually have plenty of food since they cook more for Friday and Saturday to be able to stay open longer...

Comment

I am ready. Throw some dates out there. I am about a 2 hour or so drive..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here