Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not really a meat up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a meat up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D4AE2623-80A6-43F8-A57E-0FAC064F594D.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1113319 Click image for larger version

Name:	32E4DC70-8AB7-4CA2-8AB3-1AF2F5410F7A.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1113320 Click image for larger version

Name:	C72C32B4-BF92-4DBA-A861-6FC8205E7FAD.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1113314 Click image for larger version

Name:	86022A45-E7C8-4542-8A96-9D6657E020FD.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1113315 Click image for larger version

Name:	2E0750F0-5C94-4520-B68C-23C3E47A95C1.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	1113311 Click image for larger version

Name:	3470351D-5684-41F7-AC7D-86105419847D.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1113312 Since we here in the tri state area haven't had a chance for a meat up these past two years I invited Mudkat down to the lake house this past weekend for a..............fish up?

The weather was perfect boating weather. We got out on Lake Gaston for two days of cruising and fishing.
    Although we didn't find where the large mouth bass and walleye were hiding we did find some nice blue catfish.

We did get some meat on the grill, burgers and chicken thighs. But the best was saved for the last. The Fry King took over and we stuffed ourselves on fried catfish with a crappie on the side.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HawkerXP; October 21, 2021, 10:11 AM.

Sounds like an awesome time!!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      just added pictures

Nice pics! I love fried catfish.

Comment

A filet Up!

Comment

One of my favorites: Catfish!

Comment

HawkerXP Mudkat We should plan another meat up / camping / cooking trip for next year

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            +1

Big fan of catfish but don`t buy it often due to questions about freshness around here.
          Other reason is I really don`t know how to cook it properly on any medium without less than desirable results.
          Love to deep fry it but the oil sends my stomach into orbit.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Someone asked recently (wife and mother in law) how come the fried fish and shrimp I was feeding them was not greasy. The trick is getting the oil HOT. 350F to 375F. If you try to fry fish at lower oil temperatures, it will work, but it takes longer and the oil seems to absorb into the breading and end up with the greasy results you can't stomach.

Miss Mudkat posting. Whenever I play some Talking Heads tunes he always comes to mind.

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Doon doon and doon doon, doon doon and doon doon. "Drop me in the water". 😀

Fantastic! Just landed in Austin myself for the Texas Meatup II

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Well where the hell are you then? I’ve been here an hour. 🥸

HawkerXP Looks like you had a great time! Nothing better than fresh fried catfish. Plus you did it without PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

Fun times!

Comment

Oh No, Never, I mean never count, weigh or measure the fish you catch. I don't. It stunts their growth. All the fish I catch keep growing after their dead. Most of the time they are bigger than the one that got away.

Comment

Fun times right there!

Comment

A grrreat fish up indeed! Thanks for that special little trip to heaven Gerry. The pics are great, the food was great, and the captain was spot on in picking’ fishing holes.

”Bait bucket in the boat Cap!”

Comment

OK gents, HawkerXP Mudkat who's who in the above pics?

Comment

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh boy! Some folks are about to become internet famous!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here