Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwest Meat up 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    We could set up and do a cook somewhere in Lacrosse. I can bring my camping trailer over and kinda set up an outdoor kitchen. KBQ, PBCs can be brought over. Just an idea.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I might load up the camping trailer and smokers.

• willxfmr
    replied
    If the timing works out, I'd definitely swing up to La Crosse for the weekend. Grabbing FireMan on the way out of town should be easy. I'll just kidnap him before he's had any coffee, and by the time he wakes up, we'll be there. Once we get a few wibs in him he should be fine.

As for where in La Crosse to do the meet-up, I'd leave that up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    They are, Indeed, "Larger Than Life"

Pioneers.

Path Blazers.

'River Rats', reckon is what they'd call em, where I was brought up...

Mudkat
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 30, 2021, 11:18 PM.

• glitchy
    replied
    I think Richard Chrz needs to get that offset ordered and in the driveway and we can all be his Sous Chef’s and Pit Beaches for a couple days . My daughter has had to make a few visits to Mayo in Rochester (and no I didn’t setup a GoFundMe before I joined and ask for donations) and I’ve thought about PM’ing him a couple times to hang out since I’d be even closer there. I would love to sling logs for Richard and would happily take orders for a day or three from someone that has mastered so many cooking crafts in such a short time. Shirley or LSG should just send this dude a pit for the hands on exposure a Meat-Up in his driveway would provide. Not that I have an opinion on where we should hang out in LaCrosse, WI .

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    There are plenty of cooks!

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha😂😂

• Dr. Pepper
    replied
    'Not that there's anything wrong with that.'

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    There’s nothing more fun than dressing up in women’s clothing and parading around the basement, pretending you’re a fashion model.
    😂

• IFindZeroBadCooks
    commented on 's reply
    Dr. Pepper I am also okay with La Crosse as mentioned elsewhere so happy to work with that as the default assumption going forward

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    I may have posted this already below, but I'll repeat: Let's do this in Richard Chrz 's home town!
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; October 1, 2021, 10:22 PM.

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    If Fireman doesn't like it, I think it's considered a kidnapping. #AmberAlertForFireMan

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    There's some very good Q in Chicagoland, but we don't have a nationally adopted style like the 4 classic capitals of Q. That said, a lot of em got their meats through Chicago back in the day.

Chicago is more known for Steak, which would make it's own gathering, particularly as they cook a lot faster.

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    Fortunately for me, I don't have to travel to have a Meat Up. With multiple personality disorder I can have a Meat Up all by myselves. I've been working on a Panhead John personality, but I can't get into shaving my legs and dressing up in women's clothes. That, and my mum has passed, so I can't live in her basement.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I look forward to the opportunity to meet all those that can make it, my hopes are that you are able!
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 29, 2021, 10:07 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. We gave Spark a Platinum Medal for pushing the envelope of product capability while maintaining high standards of design and workmanship.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

Fireboard Labs Product Photo Shoot. Kansas City Commercial Portrait and Wedding Photographers ©Kevin Ashley Photography

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.
Click here to read our detailedreview

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read ourcomplete review