Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwest Meat up 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I might load up the camping trailer and smokers.

• willxfmr
    replied
    If the timing works out, I'd definitely swing up to La Crosse for the weekend. Grabbing FireMan on the way out of town should be easy. I'll just kidnap him before he's had any coffee, and by the time he wakes up, we'll be there. Once we get a few wibs in him he should be fine.

As for where in La Crosse to do the meet-up, I'd leave that up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    They are, Indeed, "Larger Than Life"

Pioneers.

Path Blazers.

'River Rats', reckon is what they'd call em, where I was brought up...

Mudkat
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 30, 2021, 11:18 PM.

• glitchy
    replied
    I think Richard Chrz needs to get that offset ordered and in the driveway and we can all be his Sous Chef’s and Pit Beaches for a couple days . My daughter has had to make a few visits to Mayo in Rochester (and no I didn’t setup a GoFundMe before I joined and ask for donations) and I’ve thought about PM’ing him a couple times to hang out since I’d be even closer there. I would love to sling logs for Richard and would happily take orders for a day or three from someone that has mastered so many cooking crafts in such a short time. Shirley or LSG should just send this dude a pit for the hands on exposure a Meat-Up in his driveway would provide. Not that I have an opinion on where we should hang out in LaCrosse, WI .

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    There are plenty of cooks!

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha😂😂

• Dr. Pepper
    replied
    'Not that there's anything wrong with that.'

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Dr. Pepper I am also okay with La Crosse as mentioned elsewhere so happy to work with that as the default assumption going forward

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    I may have posted this already below, but I'll repeat: Let's do this in Richard Chrz 's home town!
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; October 1, 2021, 10:22 PM.

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    If Fireman doesn't like it, I think it's considered a kidnapping. #AmberAlertForFireMan

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    There's some very good Q in Chicagoland, but we don't have a nationally adopted style like the 4 classic capitals of Q. That said, a lot of em got their meats through Chicago back in the day.

Chicago is more known for Steak, which would make it's own gathering, particularly as they cook a lot faster.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I look forward to the opportunity to meet all those that can make it, my hopes are that you are able!
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 29, 2021, 10:07 PM.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    As in the Texas MU ( not to be confused with ATM, Hook 'em, Horns!), it really is about getting together, that's why I went the first time, the second time, and very likely to this one.

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    I am starting to reach out to possibilities with cabins, or very good hotel areas. We do not have bbq spots in LaCrosse other then my driveway… lol (sadly, honestly, other then like. Famous Dave’s, that is it!) . But, I would so love to get together and meat as many of you as I could. Even if Panhead John has to cook for us… eeek!

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman must have been deeper in the bag than I realized. I was not tipping strippers in Austin......................it was only a few miles up the road in Lockhart.............I know how to drink responsibly unlike those kids I was with.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest