Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwest Meat up 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    tmaan235. Thank you for your generosity of offering to help at such a thing. I was however referring to the Midwest meat up being at my house on Thanksgiving, but, it would be cool to cook a bbq for a shelter, I’m hoping to do one myself this winter, for one of our warming centers,

• tmaan235
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones, yer just a little too far west and south for Milwaukee from where I am. But if I was going through your area, you wouldn't need a thumb
    Richard, if this happens I'm all about spending a day at the local soup kitchen to serve...
    Huskee, don't know your itinerary but once you get past the cheddar curtain and are actually in Wisconsin if your travels cause you to hotel in milawaukee, look me up, I can be a good guide for local entertainment and a few home brewed bbq joints.

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    I've been told that most states around Wisconsin have about 2500 liquor licenses per state. Supposedly Wisconsin has over 13,000 licenses. There are LOTS of little "one horse" taverns out in the middle of Nowhere Wisconsin.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Donw Generous, absolutely. the "great cook", you’re throwing that word "great" around a bit loosely. We could all go down to our city’s soup kitchen and then help make and serve the free community thanksgiving dinner,

• Spinaker
    replied
    I am in! Just let me know where!

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    There was a time LC sported more bars per capita then anywhere. And, yes the town got its name after the sport.
    Last edited by FireMan; November 18, 2021, 09:20 AM.

• IowaGirl
    replied
    La Crosse? Geeze, I'm just over an hour from there. Nice town -- all the amenities without being a big city.

Several breweries in town -- Pearl Street Brewery, City Brewery, 608 Brewery, and others. The La Crosse Distilling Co makes rye whiskey, gin, and vodka.

Harmony, MN, about an hour away has Harmony Distilling and a super little eatery called Estelle's. Hillsboro WI is not far away from LaX and is tucked away in one of the prettiest regions of Wisconsin. Hillsboro has the Hillsboro Brewery with some excellent brews and there's a nice cheese store within walking distance of the brewery.
    Last edited by IowaGirl; November 18, 2021, 09:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Standin on th shoulder of th ol blacktop, with my dang thumb out lol

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Donw Hitchhikers? So I CAN come? I kinda invited myself so this is good news.

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll plan the Meatup for you Midwesterners. A week from tomorrow at Richard Chrz ‘s house. Dinner starts at 2 PM and all you need to bring is a big appetite and your favorite beverages. We all know Richard is a great cook and very, very generous. You will all have a great time. Family, extended family and hitchhikers are all welcome. 🙂

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Late May works for me, mid-May works better. But it's not about me. If we really want to get this planned, please PM me and let's get this set up. I am 80-90% sure I can do this. I am not 100%.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Pit Beaches, lol

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Let's put in a vote for Madison or something further east!

• Huskee
    replied
    Any progress on this? I am interested, especially if I can pick up FireMan on the way. I would take the car ferry (SS Badger) from Ludington MI across Lake Michigan to Manitowoc WI, the wife & I have always wanted to do this anyway, been looking for a good reason. (and a tax-deductible reason fits the bill!). Trouble is, La Crosse is 4hrs from there. Not impossible, but if a further east city is an option I am all ears. I can also bring whatever cooker(s) will fit in my truck under the tonneau. Not that I want to cook. I want to sit and sip and laugh. Fireman knows how I roll.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    tmaan235 , I not only could drag along a musical instrument, or mebbe 3-4, but also a wee lil bitta knowledge on cookin on an Offset cooker, might could be...hopin Richard will fill me in, on th rest, upon arrival...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here