Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Call And Confirmation Roster For The Fall Texas MeatUp - 10/22 thru 10/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK just wanted to announce to all those attending that the agenda is set for the 2021 Fall Texas Meat-Up next week in Rockdale. It goes something like this;

Thursday - 10-21 - Early arrivals at the Rainbow. No set agenda but I heard through the grapevine that PJ will be showing his new line of paper plates while balancing on a beach ball in his boxers. But that's currently a rumor and not a confirmed event.

Friday - 10-22 - Lunch is open, make your own plans. 5pm (or so) cocktails at the Rainbow. We'll announce the spot when we're up there. 7pm is dinner at Brett's Backyard BBQ (5 minutes down the road from the Rainbow). We are renting his backyard location, weather looks favorable. Several things to be aware of;
    • BYOB - we opted for this rather than having an exorbitant bar setup by the host. They will have drink setups available and some sort of soft drinks.
    • Menu items: Brisket, Pork Ribs and Pico Sausage for the meats; Tater Tot Casserole, Jalapeño Cream Corn, Brisket Beans for the sides.
    • Entertainment - a jukebox as well as Uncle Bob and PJ doing a harmonica duet. Originally it was in their pajamas but I told them to clean it up for the ladies !!!
    • Cost is $30/person. Troutman will front the cost with Brett's so see him with cash please.
    • Post dinner hot toddies back at the Rainbow.
    Saturday - 10-23 - Open, make your own plans. There may be some spontaneous groups heading to out of town venues like last spring. Snow's (as everyone is probably aware) is 30 minutes away. Of course plan on getting up at 3 am to get in line !! For myself I may opt for the health spa in PJ's room and sweat off the hangover from the night before

Sunday - 10-24 - For those who are staying, Brett Fest. Over 700 attendees and 49 pitmasters from all over the State. I realize most everyone will be leaving but those staying be sure you have your tickets (if there are any left).

We've tried to make this as structured as need be to encourage a group gathering yet leaving it loose enough to let you wander off on your own and explore one of the great bbq regions of the universe. I for one am excited and hope we have an even better time than last spring. See you all next weekend, it's going to be EPIC !!!!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve, do you take stolen, out of state 3rd party checks?

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      We're soooo looking forward to this! Thanks Steve and PJ for all the pre-event work. Are there any plans for Saturday night or will that be worked out Friday night as well? PS. Steve, do you accept payment in Pesos? ¡Viva la Tejas!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      No formal plans for Saturday, will be left for everyone to decide on the fly. Lots of area options!!

"Thursday - 10-21 - Early arrivals at the Rainbow. No set agenda but I heard through the grapevine that PJ will be showing his new line of paper plates while balancing on a beach ball in his boxers. But that's currently a rumor and not a confirmed event." Quote from Troutman.

ACTUAL UNTOUCHED PHOTO OF PANHEAD JOHN

Click image for larger version  Name:	5492EB14-53D2-4227-A2C9-DED639F63F35.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.1 KB ID:	1109965
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 14, 2021, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out those guns !!!!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, how long did you have to sit still with that beastly man bearing down on you?

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta admit, the man's on the ball....
      Congrats on the Adidas sponsership!

Okay folks ..... thoughts on Saturday BBQ plans? Or is everyone done with BBQ after Brett's on Friday and ready to move on to seafood done Norwegian style?
    Last edited by ecowper; October 18, 2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike Don't forget the scenic drive through Milam and Williamson counties...

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m down for a place that has great Turkey AND sausage

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      58limited I would love to recreate that back trip for my wife, that was beautiful Texas countryside!!

Great news on the weather this weekend! Forecast for Rockdale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	91406A25-CAD2-4811-A438-6CC534FAA146.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	1112222

Comment

Looks like a great weekends fun, of course I'd love to be there but the thought of another 2 to 3 hour line up at US Immigration at Toronto airport plus another round of plague testing has turned me sour on cross border anything for awhile.
      Can't even drive across yet apparently Nov 2 or 8th???? the border opens for Cdn's to enter the US.
      No promises but will look at next fall, Mrs. Fool will be retired and hasn't seen her family in Dallas for a few years now.
      If we can link up with the Southwest Classic weekend with the next falls Texas Meat Up we will give it a go on making one.
      Have fun, try not to eat too much and please don't drink and drive.
      yer pal, Brad

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        smokin fool so, if you are in Dallas when there is no Meat Up maybe we can.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        LA Pork Butt its a deal although I don't see us down there before next Sept but yes be great to meet face to face

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Try and make a point of meeting LA Pork Butt if you can, Brad. Sunny is the epitome of a Southern Gentleman and a great guy!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here