Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Call And Confirmation Roster For The Fall Texas MeatUp - 10/22 thru 10/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Smoked Tater Tot Casserole 2. Brisket Beans 3. Jalapeño Cream Corn

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re a lot smarter than I thought.

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I've always thought that you are smarter than you look, but then I guess you'd have to be.

Tater Tot Casserole, Smoked Mac & Cheese, Brisket Beans

Thanks Y'all for setting this up! We're definitely looking forward to it.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      T-bone making it to the meat-up. Awesome, looking forward to meeting you !!

What happened to the poll?? Did Fireman get to you??

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You know my vote; meat, meat and more meat !!!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman In case you missed it, we’re voting on the sides. 🥸 If you don’t vote, we’re serving you kale and beets.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Kale and beets it is as long as it's served with MEAT !!!

Maybe one day I could make one of these. It'd be a hell of a road trip but I got to heal up first. I maybe also need to find somewhere other than Texas for one of these. I started there many moons ago and I'm afraid if I go back they're gonna want to keep me.

Comment

We eat Coleslaw three times a week, so my wife and I say the Creamy Lime Coleslaw. We’ll default to the last Meat Up taste tasters for the other two.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Sonny you little sneak. You slipped up on 6,000 posts and thought no one would notice! Well congratulations on another blabbermouth milestone !!!

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman My real claim to fame was when I was on line for this…

Most users ever online was 606,708 at 09:36 PM on November 14, 2019.
        Last edited by LA Pork Butt; October 6, 2021, 09:17 AM.

My vote for sides (so Panhead will quit being so grumpy);

1. Smoked Tater Tot Casserole 2. Brisket Beans 3. Cilantro Slaw

There John, now tally them up and give them to me so I can consummate the deal with Brett.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        If they have macaroni salad, I can promise that Stacy would love that option

We (meaning Stacy voting and me writing the post) vote for

1. Green beans
      2. Classic mustard potato salad
      3. Smoked Mac n cheese

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, don't you try sneekin' no healthy crap in on us!!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I tell Stacy that all the time. She never listens

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooh, I forgot, he took green beans off the menu, not enough interest.

There is a very small possibility that me and the bus may make an appearance. Small, but there. If I am able to crash the event, it will be just me. Reason being, me and the esteemed Mrs klflowers are in the process of becoming me and the former esteemed Mrs klflowers. So things would have to fall just right for me to make it, but I am going to attempt to make it so. If I can make it happen John, what would be the closest RV park?

Comment

I’ll tally the votes here shortly and announce the three sides winners. Man, this is just as exciting as checking AR for the monthly prize winners! 🙄
      Last edited by Panhead John; October 8, 2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

And the winners are…..drum roll please
        With an overwhelming 20 points….the Smoked Tater Tot Casserole is number one.
        The second place winner with 9 points is the Jalapeño Cream Corn.
        The third side we’ll have is the Brisket Beans, with 7 points.

Troutman There you have it, our three side orders to give Brett. These results were independently verified by the world renown auditing firm of Price Waterhouse.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they also audit the popularity of your paper plates? If so, their outcomes may be suspect.
          Last edited by ecowper; October 8, 2021, 04:02 PM.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Kept in a hermetically sealed envelope inside a mayonnaise jar underneath Funk and Wagnell's porch since noon today!!
          Last edited by CaptainMike; October 8, 2021, 03:58 PM.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Huh. I thought you used Arthur Anderson.

A little dated, but I couldn't help myself:

Comment

Okay, for those arriving on Thursday for some pre-functioning ..... when are you getting there? Stacy and I will be having lunch at Terry Black's on Thursday and then driving up to Rockdale

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Troutman Don’t hog the covers! And this time, put on some damn underwear.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            What happens in PJ's room better stay in PJ's room.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John I'll be sporting those new silk boxers I picked up last month on our trip to Cancun. Did you forget?

Well my bubble has been burst, I have to be at a job site in NC on the 22nd - just found out this morning. I tried to dump it on one of my co-workers, but he has something to do with his kids, a track meet or something. I tried to convince him that me going to Texas was waaaayyyy more important than a track meet, I even suggested that there would be many more track meets in his future, but to no avail. I am going to make it down there at some point.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, if you ain't going, I ain't going.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike, another reason to retire as soon as possible. Unfortunately it looks like about 4 more years at this point.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, if you’re not going and he might go, I’m not gonna say whether I’m going or not. I might just go the International Quilting Festival instead.
            Last edited by Panhead John; October 12, 2021, 11:26 AM.

In case y’all missed it, I happened to get some video of ComfortablyNumb and klflowers at last years track meet.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Panhead John; October 12, 2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            We'll hold him for you klflowers

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahahaha

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still laughing...now that's friggin' funny

Damn! I wish I could make this work. This is gonna be a great time. I am in for next year for sure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here