Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Call And Confirmation Roster For The Fall Texas MeatUp - 10/22 thru 10/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Master Card, Visa, Diner's and Bank ATM Cards have all declined to work with me. Traveler's physically removed me from their offices pending an investigation. That leaves good old American cash money or Zelle.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I'm still laughing...now that's friggin' funny

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Steve, this is very nice. BTW, do you take Traveler's Cheques?

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I'm going to crash in PJ's room so I'll sneak up there Thursday as well sometime mid-afternoon ecowper CaptainMike 58limited

• Troutman
    replied
    OK just wanted to announce to all those attending that the agenda is set for the 2021 Fall Texas Meat-Up next week in Rockdale. It goes something like this;

Thursday - 10-21 - Early arrivals at the Rainbow. No set agenda but I heard through the grapevine that PJ will be showing his new line of paper plates while balancing on a beach ball in his boxers. But that's currently a rumor and not a confirmed event.

Friday - 10-22 - Lunch is open, make your own plans. 5pm (or so) cocktails at the Rainbow. We'll announce the spot when we're up there. 7pm is dinner at Brett's Backyard BBQ (5 minutes down the road from the Rainbow). We are renting his backyard location, weather looks favorable. Several things to be aware of;
    • BYOB - we opted for this rather than having an exorbitant bar setup by the host. They will have drink setups available and some sort of soft drinks.
    • Menu items: Brisket, Pork Ribs and Pico Sausage for the meats; Tater Tot Casserole, Jalapeño Cream Corn, Brisket Beans for the sides.
    • Entertainment - a jukebox as well as Uncle Bob and PJ doing a harmonica duet. Originally it was in their pajamas but I told them to clean it up for the ladies !!!
    • Cost is $30/person. Troutman will front the cost with Brett's so see him with cash please.
    • Post dinner hot toddies back at the Rainbow.
    Saturday - 10-23 - Open, make your own plans. There may be some spontaneous groups heading to out of town venues like last spring. Snow's (as everyone is probably aware) is 30 minutes away. Of course plan on getting up at 3 am to get in line !! For myself I may opt for the health spa in PJ's room and sweat off the hangover from the night before

Sunday - 10-24 - For those who are staying, Brett Fest. Over 700 attendees and 49 pitmasters from all over the State. I realize most everyone will be leaving but those staying be sure you have your tickets (if there are any left).

We've tried to make this as structured as need be to encourage a group gathering yet leaving it loose enough to let you wander off on your own and explore one of the great bbq regions of the universe. I for one am excited and hope we have an even better time than last spring. See you all next weekend, it's going to be EPIC !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Damn! I wish I could make this work. This is gonna be a great time. I am in for next year for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahahaha

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    We'll hold him for you klflowers

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    CaptainMike I was going to hell long before posting this video.

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe I will show up and see if I can run you down

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    You know you're going to Hell, right? I mean, that's funny as hell, but you're going to Hell.

• Panhead John
    replied
    In case y’all missed it, I happened to get some video of ComfortablyNumb and klflowers at last years track meet.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 12, 2021, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Well, if you’re not going and he might go, I’m not gonna say whether I’m going or not. I might just go the International Quilting Festival instead.
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 12, 2021, 11:26 AM.

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    CaptainMike, another reason to retire as soon as possible. Unfortunately it looks like about 4 more years at this point.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Well, if you ain't going, I ain't going.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here