Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall Meat Up in Texas October 21-23 Attendance Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, looks like my easiest choice is to fly in to Austin? Is that right CaptainMike?

It's me and the lovely Stacy

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Eric and Mike, are you both flying in on Thursday? If your flights arrive close to each other, maybe y'all can go in on the car rental together. CaptainMike ecowper

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I will get there on Weds evening, actually. Getting from Seattle to Austin was kinda painful. So, whoever is in Rockdale Thursday afternoon/evening can come hang out with me and the wife :-)

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Eric, I’m in awe of this. You’re traveling halfway across the country for our little meat up. Both you and Captain Mike doing this, is actually unbelievable. And Mike’s doing it twice in a little over 4 months? You guys are the best. 👍👏
      Last edited by Panhead John; July 29, 2021, 07:03 PM.

OK, in all seriousness, I'm in awe of those members who are traveling across the country to join us for our little Meat-Up. Thank you and I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Eric and I already talked, it looks like he's coming Wednesday evening, it's just how the flights worked out for them.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d also like to thank T-bone also for planning to attend. He’ll be in the area on business then, but he’s taking the time to join us, when he could have just gone home to Virginia.

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John thank you for all the coordinaton work. It's really appreciated. We're definitely looking forward to the meat up. Besides, since I'm a Naturalized Texan I'm always looking for ways to stay 'home' as long as I can.

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update and a tentative schedule for everyone. For any first time people T-bone ecowper Texas Larry and Clark and anyone considering joining us, here is what our plan is. Some of us will arrive on Thursday 10/21 and we welcome any one who chooses to arrive before Friday for a long weekend. CaptainMike 58limited ecowper and myself will be there Thursday thru Sunday. For the people who will be there Thursday, we’ll probably just decide on a local place to eat at that night. You’re welcome to go wherever you like. Last time Mike and I just had some fried chicken takeout. Afterwards we got drunk and bad mouthed all the moderators.

For everyone arriving Friday, if you like, you can call The Rainbow Friday morning and see about arriving before the standard 3:00 check in time if you want. If they didn’t rent the room the night before, you can check in any time after 9am. They’ll make every effort to accommodate you…. if you wish to arrive early. Friday evening from 5:00 to 7:00 is Happy Hour in my suite and/or outside on the grounds.

FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEAL
    Last time we grilled steaks at the Rainbow and it was great! No regrets at all, but it was a lot of work and time taken away from visiting with everyone. Not to mention the hassle for some of us to transport our grills and related equipment. This time we have a different and better plan that we think everyone will like. No cooking, no waiting in line and the opportunity to eat some of the best BBQ in Texas! We’re seriously considering having Brett’s BBQ right there in town, cater for us Friday night! If you’ve read any posts from our last Texas MeatUp, you need no introduction to Brett’s. When I say cater, I basically mean they will deliver our food to us at the Rainbow and leave it at our tables for us to devour.

We will have everything set up and ready to go when the food is delivered. All paper plates and utensils will be furnished by me and the tables will already be there for us to eat on. I will spare no expense and will be furnishing my own PJ’s Paper Plates..top of the line edition for us to use. 🙄 For people not flying in, all we ask is for you to bring your own lawn chairs to sit on. Uncle Bob is in contact with Brett and we will have a per person price as we get closer to the actual date, and have a more accurate head count. We’re tentatively planning on Brisket, Ribs and their killer Sausage as the meats. There will also be 4 different side dishes for us to choose from. Please, if anyone does not want to choose from these meat items, let us know whenever possible and we can have chicken or turkey as your meat of choice.

We’re all looking forward to this and I’d really like to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this plan. Now, as for Saturday, there are so many places for us to choose from that are within an hour or so drive for lunch. Between now and October let us know your thoughts on where to go. Realistically, some of us will go one place and some to another. That’s ok because we’ll all wind up back at The Rainbow Saturday night for leftovers and libations.

P.S. Due to numerous requests, the Friday Night Pillow Fights will continue. If you can’t make it, they will be broadcast live on ESPN 12.
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 30, 2021, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      You an awesome man, John, and a worthy, if not poor, pillow fighter.

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      @panheadjohn Thank you for this. We are arriving Friday afternoon. The catered dinner from Brett’s Backyard sounds ideal.

​​​​​​​I’m pretty sure Renee will be bringing one of her famous cheesecakes. Please let me know what else would be helpful, such as chairs or folding tables.

Panhead John found our t-shirts for the "meat up"

Attached Files

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      You and PJ will look good in those shirts.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      PJ wishes he was the hot dog
      Last edited by ecowper; August 1, 2021, 12:08 AM.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, she’s a babe!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here