Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Up In Texas - Fall Edition Is On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Up In Texas - Fall Edition Is On!

Hi guys and gals. I really didn’t want to post this so soon and I hope you’re not sick of hearing about this, but if you want to attend, it was important for me to do it now. We’ve got another Texas Meat Up planned for October! After conferring with most of the previous attendees in Rockdale, every single one wanted to go back to Rockdale and stay at The Rainbow Courts again. After some online research, this place and this area, we felt was our best option. We decided that the weekend of October 22-24 was our best bet. We avoid Halloween weekend and also the annual Texas-Oklahoma football game.

I called The Rainbow Motor Courts this morning and got some information about their bookings in October. That is their busiest month of the year. I’ve already booked mine and so has 58limited I’m staying that Thursday thru Sunday. Everyone back in June had a great time and we hope for an even larger turnout this time, the weather will be much better also. If you even think you might want to go, I recommend booking your room ASAP. It sounds like rooms might not be available if you wait too long. You can always cancel your reservations up to 48 hours of that weekend with no charge, if needed.

I wanted to get this up online ASAP for anyone who missed our last one, but wants to go in October. I’ll post some more info. soon, but here’s the number to The Rainbow Courts. 512-446-2361. Please tell them you’re with Amazing Ribs when booking. When you hear the recorded message you can just hit 0 for the front desk. Good luck everybody and please let us know on this post after you’ve booked your room.

www.Rainbowcourts.com

EDIT: Attendance so far is 1. Captain Mike 2. Uncle Bob 3. Loren 4. LA Pork Butt. 5. 58limited 6. Panhead John 7. Texas Larry and wife Renee.

IMPORTANT UPDATES: I have just now blocked a set of 10 additional rooms for our MeatUp. So, in addition to those who have already booked, we’ve got 10 more rooms guaranteed for us. When booking a room, PLEASE TELL THEM YOU’RE WITH THE AMAZING RIBS GROUP. Also please do not use a 3rd party website for booking. It will cost you and the Rainbow Courts more money by using some place like Expedia etc. It’s best just to call them directly when booking your room. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 26, 2021, 05:28 PM.

Done.

Comment

I’m booked!

Comment

Done!

Comment

Loren just booked his room for the weekend. Captain Mike and myself are staying Thursday thru Sunday if anyone else wants to stay longer. This time around, Captain and myself will be giving tap dancing lessons Thursday night, so ya might not wanna miss that.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
            Uncle Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            Most of your posts are like verbal tap dancing, so you should be a natural.

Someone here produces a Magick Carpet, I'll Be there...

Short of that, cain't...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 26, 2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm cornfused, Capn; help me out, please...???

CaptainMike

Did I do bad???

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I just unlike the circumstances you're alluding to. If we were driving you'd be on the way!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I'm caught up now, Capn CaptainMike ...

Booked my room!

Had Panhead told me about tap dancing on Thursday I would have taken more time off. Drat. Perhaps the two of you can do that live broadcast thingy on Instagram for the benefit of the Pit?

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t worry, it’ll be on ESPN 6.
            Last edited by Panhead John; July 26, 2021, 04:00 PM.

• Uncle Bob
            Uncle Bob commented
            Editing a comment
            Wouldn't ESPN 666 be more appropriate?

• Loren
            Loren commented
            Editing a comment
            The break room tv will be tuned 😎

Panhead John You made a big mistake. It is the Oklahoma-Texas football game. You had it backwards.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks folks! I’ll be here all week.
            Last edited by Panhead John; July 26, 2021, 08:02 PM.

• wu7y
            wu7y commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd love to be there but I've been wondering whether I can drive that far. After reading this thread I'm not sure I want to be there when the paparazzi show up.

Is there a cut off date for a double room? Asking for a friend (not fiend).

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            wu7y There’s no cut off date for getting a room, just whenever they’re sold out. If you occasionally check the "MeatUp Fall attendees post", that 58limited started, I will keep everyone posted as to when we start getting low on rooms. As of today we have 10 rooms blocked off for us. Hope you can make it, they’re a lot of fun.
            Last edited by Panhead John; July 27, 2021, 07:06 AM.

Got my room.

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            My turn to drive!

Renee and I are booked!

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Good deal! I might need you on my side for the Friday night pillow fight. I ain’t letting the Captain beat me twice!

• Texas Larry
            Texas Larry commented
            Editing a comment
            Might wanna recruit Renee. She sleeps on a very hard pillow🤣

OK, I am going to start another roster thread listing all of the attendees.

Comment

IMPORTANT UPDATE: In case you missed my update above…..I have contacted the Rainbow and just now blocked off 10 ADDITIONAL rooms beyond the 7 we already have booked. These rooms will be guaranteed for Amazing Rib Members only. Please call them directly to book your room 512-446-2361 and PLEASE TELL THEM YOU’RE WITH THE AMAZING RIBS GROUP. The rooms range in price from $60. to $80. per night plus tax. If you want a bigger room or something different than what’s in our block, just let them know and you can have it if it’s available. DO NOT use a 3rd party site, like Expedia, to book your room. It will only cost you and the Rainbow Courts more money. I was told by Dan that they charge him a 20% commission on all rooms booked through a third party site. It’s also best to call and not use the Rainbow’s website to book your room. Carry on.

Comment

Made reservation, arriving Oct 21, departing Oct 24 ..... Eric +1

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                as long as there are pillow fights, I'm in

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                YES !!!!!

• Uncle Bob
                Uncle Bob commented
                Editing a comment
                Great!! Now I don't have to be "the guy from Maple Valley" even if it's a former status.

Be careful what you wish for, it got kinda rough the last time.

ACTUAL UNTOUCHED PHOTO OF ME AND CAPTAIN MIKE

Click image for larger version  Name:	5030CA53-1495-4541-A3AD-B6D3A41A77C3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	1068767
              Last edited by Panhead John; July 29, 2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha!

• Uncle Bob
                Uncle Bob commented
                Editing a comment
                This is NOT an actual picture, I saw the "fight" and PJ wears a pink teddy when in "Pillow Gladiator" mode.......

Flight, car, room, BOOM!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here