Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tejas Choclate + BBQ…Our Mini Meat-Up Today Was A Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree that Panhead John did a yeoman's job in his write-up describing the food, people and fun we had at lunch. What he didn't share was the backstory and answering the obvious, why is a barbecue place called Tejas Chocolate? The Owner says that it started as sort of a hobby making fine chocolates and truffles. They were successful selling them to the degree they decided to try and make a living out of doing it. They opened that place originally as a chocolate confectionary but I don't think selling chocolate truffles was paying the bills.

It also so happened that they decided to start making some barbecue as an added feature of their store. Now don't get me wrong, the chocolate is delicious but the barbecue, oh my. Folks aren't lining up with the Golden Ticket to eat candy !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tejas Chocolate.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1062361

Chocolates were amazing however. A bit on the pricy side (like $5-9 EACH) but oh so decadent !! Those Nutty Buddies had a peanut butter center, oh my god I could have eaten half a dozen of them !!!

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree on the Nutty Buddies, delicious. And, yes, Panhead John 's write up was great.

This place looks so cool.

For me, it is just the unusual nature of being so passionate about both BBQ and chocolate to actual open a business with successful sales in both areas.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking the BBQ boosted chocolate sales: the line goes right by the chocolate on the way to order BBQ.

Panhead John the all seeing interweb eye must have caught our discussion as this popped up on my YT page this morning: Chile Relleno Sausage - How To Make Sausage - YouTube Looks like a nice blend of seasonings.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure Stevie, anything you want. How could I resist that kind of offer...........

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, great video and Joe seems like a really cool dude.

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, lots going on in that sausage. Might have to try it but a scaled down batch. Should be easy to calculate.
      Last edited by 58limited; July 19, 2021, 05:14 PM.

Nice write up! Is this place anywhere close to southern Minnesota? I think I need to do a road trip!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Skip, It’s just a hop, "skip" and a jump away! 🙄

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here